It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
(female)

jdsun HB User
Update on me, 4 weeks out

Hey everyone!

You were ALL so amazing with all your support when I was tapering off my pain medications, that I wanted to give you an update on my progress. I feel guilty even writing this, but I am doing AMAZING! It has been four weeks since my last pain pill and my pain is very minor. I would rate it as a 2. And this isn't constant...only when I have been up and about for a couple hours. I can honestly say I feel like I have been given a second chance at life. I've stopped myself from going down the "what if it comes back road" because there are no guarantees in life. The other night my husband asked me, what if I were in remission from cancer and spent that time worrying about it coming back and not enjoying life. Then it did come back. Wouldn't I be upset for not living that time the fullest I could? So, this is what I am going to do. I am being careful but also trying to live my life.

Thanks again everyone! I really hope that all of you get some relief soon.

Jdsun

Old 04-22-2010, 02:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User
Re: Update on me, 4 weeks out

Hi Jdsun,

What wonderful news!!! I know we were all hoping and praying that it was going well for you!

I agree that you can only focus on each day and try not to worry about the future...You should be so proud of yourself for pushing forward and accomplishing coming off from all those meds!...A 2 in pain is such a blessing and think it's a great plan to be careful, take care of yourself, but enjoy each day right where you are

Thank you so much for updating us. I will continue to pray for you!!

Take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2010, 03:31 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bullymom HB Userbullymom HB User

Jdsun,

I can't tell you how happy I am for you. You married a very wise man. A very good man too. He was wonderful while you were going through this time and please give him a big ole hug from me

I'm so proud of you. What you have just done is what most of us would wish for if we could. Thanks for letting us go along for the ride. Even though it wasn't me going through that taper, walking through it with you has given me tremendous hope that maybe.... just maybe, I can do that too. You have shown me that it can be done and with such dignity.

Please keep coming back. You have a ton of wisdom and strength to share with others. Take good care of yourself and enjoy this new life you have been given. It could not have happened to a more deserving person.

Well done, my friend.

Bullymom

Old 04-23-2010, 06:20 AM   #4
(female)

Angelique43 HB User

Congrats Jdsun ! ! !

See ? Didnt we all tell you that you could do it ? ! And that it would get better !

We are so proud of you ! ! !

Fantasic Job ! ! !
Take care.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:30 PM   #5
(male)

jerdan HB User

Jdsun,

I just wanted to let you know that I have been reading your posts for the past month or so and I have to tell you it's been like a movie plot. Highs and lows, twists and turns and I've been rooting for you to be victorious in the end. It sounds like your almost their. Congratulations!

I noticed in one of your older posts, you brought up the book by John Sarno and TMS. So I have to ask. Do you think that had anything to do with what was going on with you?

Keep up the progress and please keep us all posted. Your a great inspiration to alot of sufferers.

Last edited by jerdan; 05-06-2010 at 09:28 AM.

Closed Thread