HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Pain Management (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/pain-management/)
-   -   refill for tramadol? how early? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/pain-management/749264-refill-tramadol-how-early.html)

kristymarie 05-15-2010 11:00 AM

refill for tramadol? how early?

i have a script of tramadol (ultram) for back pain...its a 20 day supply (1 pill 3 times per day). I am going on vacation tomorrow. i picked up my last script on may 5th. i have no insurance and go through target because ppl with no insurance only pay $4 ....so i was wondering...do you think they will fill it tomorrow? whats the earliest they will fill the script?

Fiona_Jo 05-15-2010 04:46 PM

Re: refill for tramadol? how early?

Sorry, my error - I misread the post .. amounts, etc.

kristymarie 05-16-2010 06:06 AM

oh I didn't know you could get it refilled after 7 days?? ive heard that they will only refill it if its 7 days early and no more..they open at 11am so i will be calling in a few hours to see what happens...for some reason i have a feeling they won't refill it

bullymom 05-16-2010 12:20 PM

How many pills did they give you when you got the rx filled?? That will make a difference. I think you probably got more than 20 pills right? 3 pills a day for 20 days is, 60 pills.

Let us know what happens.

bullymom:wave:

My guess is they won't refill it until day 18 which would be May 23.

Fiona_Jo 05-16-2010 02:02 PM

[QUOTE=kristymarie;4246845]oh I didn't know you could get it refilled after 7 days?? ive heard that they will only refill it if its 7 days early and no more..they open at 11am so i will be calling in a few hours to see what happens...for some reason i have a feeling they won't refill it[/QUOTE]

Oops... I misread the post. I thought the post read that poster was given 20 pills.I was doing the math based on 20 pills/3 per day - my bad, read the post to fast and responded. I corrected my response. I think it's been 12 days, so in most cases 2 days early is about the earliest.

~ Fiona Jo :wave:

Madison104 05-16-2010 04:16 PM

Sorry I have not been around....2 wks ago a friend of mine died.
I would add that you can have your doctor request an over-ride for vacations.
My pharmacy will do this but the limit is ONE time per year.

kristymarie 05-17-2010 06:54 AM

the pills r a 20 day supply and they filled them yesterday which was the 12th day. i have no insurance so its soley up to the pharmacist if i get hte refill or not

jonnstar 05-21-2010 07:34 AM

tramadol isnt a controled drug is it?

there should be no more difficulty filling that early than filling birth control or blood pressure pills early

bullymom 05-21-2010 07:07 PM

Actually Jon, I was wondering the same thing and from what I could find out, it is controled in some states. I had a friend I worked with and she got in some real trouble trying to fill her tramadol. I don't beleive it is controled in our state though.

bullymom

Kristymarie.... I'm glad you were able to get your refills. Hope vacation was great.:)

jonnstar 05-21-2010 10:11 PM

Ah....I come from Australia, and it isnt controled here, and I read that it wasnt controled under the federal laws in America.... I didnt realise there were state laws as well as federal ones in the US relating to this!

The differences between countries are interesting - for example in Australia we can buy APAP/Codeine without a prescription, although you need to discuss the purchase with a pharmacist, not just throw it into your shopping cart.