It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
(female)

bwc75 HB User
Fentora/Duragesic Patch Conversion??

I am new and have a duragesic question. Is there a conversion for going FROM fentora TO duragesic patch??

I am currently on 50mcg Duragesic patch every 3days and 400mcg Fentora. I will run out of Fentora 2 days early and am wondering if I could stick on an extra patch to avoid withdrawals?? I am prescribed the Fentora 4xdaily but took it closer to 6 times daily this month.

I have looked all over for dosage conversions for fentora to fentanyl patch and don't see anything. Can anyone help??

I have a pretty high tolerance to the fentora. I have taken up to 8 a day of the 400mcgs with just some fatigue.

I'm awaiting a hardware removal surgery and have relied too much on these fentora in the mean time. I honestly would like to taper down this next month but don't want to do it cold turkey over the next week! So if I could use the extra patch (es) to get by for a few days and avoid the awful withdrawals I feel from going more than 3 hrs or so between Fentora doses. That stuff is proving to be pretty awful on my system as far as dependence and tolerance go.

Thanks - it was my first post!

Old 06-29-2010, 09:37 PM   #2
(female)

bwc75 HB User
Re: Fentora/Duragesic Patch Conversion??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwc75 View Post
I am new and have a duragesic question. Is there a conversion for going FROM fentora TO duragesic patch??

I am currently on 50mcg Duragesic patch every 3days and 400mcg Fentora. I will run out of Fentora 2 days early and am wondering if I could stick on an extra patch to avoid withdrawals?? I am prescribed the Fentora 4xdaily but took it closer to 6 times daily this month.

I have looked all over for dosage conversions for fentora to fentanyl patch and don't see anything. Can anyone help??

I have a pretty high tolerance to the fentora. I have taken up to 8 a day of the 400mcgs with just some fatigue.

I'm awaiting a hardware removal surgery and have relied too much on these fentora in the mean time. I honestly would like to taper down this next month but don't want to do it cold turkey over the next week! So if I could use the extra patch (es) to get by for a few days and avoid the awful withdrawals I feel from going more than 3 hrs or so between Fentora doses. That stuff is proving to be pretty awful on my system as far as dependence and tolerance go.

Thanks - it was my first post!
Ok I got brave and stuck on another 50 mg patch this morning. So now I'm wearing 100mcg. I have enough fentora 400 to take 4/day until I see my pm to get a taper schedule. I'm still having some withdrawals even with the extra patch. Does anyone know how long that will last? Will my body adjust to less fentanyl soon? I do like the patch but think I obviously need more than 50mcg. But I hate what the fentora does to me. It has messed with my head like no other drug I have ever taken. I am so anxious over how long these withdrawals will last and it is so hard to stick to the 4/day to keep from running out. Especially knowing I could just take "one extra" from the box and ease the withdrawals. Even if just for the hour that the fentora lasts.

I guess I just need some opinions on how long it will take me to adjust to taking fewer fentora even with the extra patch?

Thanks!

I hope I'm posting correctly some posts here are years old. Hope I'm in the right place.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread