It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2010, 07:57 PM   #1
(male)

painbegone HB User
My Story of Pain, and doing Research along the Way

This is my life story since my automobile accedent in 1994.What I'm about to tell you is personal to me, and all the horror stories I here, and have personaly witnessed in my life hopefully will help someone out there. Also just maybe by sharing some of my research might save someones life,or at least answer some questions. Please keep in mind I am not a doctor ,and mean no disrespect to anyone whom inwhich reads this.This is my OPINION ONLY. I was in a sever automobile accident in 1994. The drunk driver ran my truck into a tree causing my motor to push my steering wheel through my pelvis,and hips. Also I had a compound fractured ankle,and broke the other foot in 3 places. Thankfully I was in to body building bench pressing 405lbs. 5 times on max day, and I ran 5 miles every other day, because my muscular tone it saved my life.All that ended in 1994,and I'v been on strong opiods ever since for 16 years. Here's the thing. I had an excellent job as the Hospital Licensed Electrician.I was in charge of the new E.R., and the new Operating rooms. Also the Generator system that ran everything when power went out.I was flown out to go to bed school so I could work on all 6 types of Hospital beds. I also was flown out again to learn the new nurses call system, and was Supervisor on the installation of all of it on over time. I don't tell you all this to gloat,or brag. This is the dream of a lifetime job I am no longer able to physically do because of the numerous surgeries I endoored over the years. I was well respected through the medical facility by alot of Surgeons. I learned many things by my lenthly conversasions with them. In my aledged conversations with the Surgeons, and my personal Doctors. They told me this. We are taught in medical school to treat our patiants to the best of our ability,and to do no harm. We also have the daunting task of evaluating each patiant to figure out how much pain the patiant is actually in, and prescribing the proper medication to give them without destroying their brain receptors, and getting them dependant, and possibly addicted. unnessasarly. They also told me the human brain doesn't fully develop untill the age 25.So that is why if you are in you 20's you probably will not get anything stronger than hydrocodone. It's not because their trying to be mean. It is because they are trying to save you from a life of dependence, and addiction. Unfortunately I have been on pain meds for 16 years, and I have developed such terrible debilitating Oste-artritis because of all the bone surgeries for me its to late.Trust me you don't won't to be in my shoes. It is not fun taking these majorly strong opiods, and to have lost what I lost. I would give anything to be healthy,and be incharge of that Hospital again.(ANYTHING) Now every month I go, and get my medications so I can walk. When I read all the horror stories of people losing thier doctors, and can't get what they want I ask my self "DO they really want this life? Do they really want to be so dependent on these majorly strong Pain Meds. that they will not be able to funtion without it. I mean no disrespect to anyone out there that is in chronic pain, and cannot funtion without thier medication, and unfortunately have to live day in day out on a pain scale of 6 or more. I'm talking about people who live life in a pain scale of 4 or less. unfortunately every day for me is a 7 at BEST,and it just gets worse every year.Or seems to. I chalenge anyone who reads this to study the 3 main brain chemecle receptors-Seritonin, Dopeamine,and Noraeprinephrine these are the main chemecle receptors that let us experience joy, happyness, love,pleasure,anxiety,depression,anger, imagination. Then there are the ones that let us reason, motorskills,and I could go on ,and on. Opiods mimic the pleasure receptors,and then BOND to them.This is why doctors are literly walking on thin ice when prescribing these medications. Strong opiods will eventually mimic these precious receptors for EVER if you take them for more than 3 to 4 months every day. If you aks an honest Chronic Pain patiant after years of being on these both Strong LONG acting ,and Strong SHORT acting Medications if they could quit taking their meds they would say hell no because the hell of getting off them is not rational thinking at this point in our lives due to the excelleration of the pain as the years go by,and this includes ME too. Unfortunately I will be on these meds for the rest of my life.Thats the Honest Truth. Doctors also get sick,and tired of playing detective,and giving urine test,but YOU CAN THANK THE ABUSERS FOR THAT!!! not the doctors. I do not wish harm on abusers. I just wish they would quite making it so hard for honest chronic pain patiants get the meds. that we so desperately need!!!The abusers need to go get the proper help. They have the methadone, and suboxone Clinics. Please be extreamly honest with your Pain Management Doctor, Please. I hope I did not affend anyone. I really mean no disrespect if this story edjucates one person or saves one life than it was well worth writing it. Take care and remember, I wish the very best of health to all people what ever the cicumstance. Sincerely, Painbegone

Last edited by painbegone; 07-11-2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2010, 08:16 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bullymom HB Userbullymom HB User
Re: My Story of Pain, and doing Research along the Way

Thanks for sharing your story. It truly touched my heart. I wish you the best as you move forward in your journey.

Bullymom

Closed Thread