It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
(female)

MaryW5 HB User
Why should we take lidoderm patches off after 12 hours?

Is it dangerous to keep lidoderm patches on longer than 12 hours. I have chronic back pain I am waiting for a fusion surgery and I am living on these patches for the time being.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #2
(female)

reallywant HB User
Re: Why should we take lidoderm patches off after 12 hours?

Yes, it is dangerous to keep them on for longer than twelve hours per day. There is a warning on their website about it!

"Applying patches for a longer time, or using more than 3 patches could cause serious reactions."

It can cause serious reactions if you keep it on longer than 12 hours. Please don't do it!

R

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2010, 08:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Why should we take lidoderm patches off after 12 hours?

the problem here and this has more to do with people who ARE simply using the max dose of three at a time has more to do with the fact that even after that 12 hours is up, it still IS delivering lido to your bloodstream? lidocaine is not ONLY a good numbing agent but it IS also a cardiac med used to try and help correct irregular heart rhythms too? so i am thinking that THAT has much more to do with it than anything else here?

but the one HUGE thing i have noticed over time and using these same patches now for non stop sting/burn icky pain? is that anytime i seem to forget to take off that patch after the twelve hours is up, my pain actually becomes worse, not better anymore? i have also felt really strange 'feelings" when it has been on too long(and this IS usually ONLY 1 patch at a time even) i get strange flutters in m,y chest along with the same type of feeling i have gotten before when my blood sugar is like crashing too? very strange let me tell ya. i have been on these patches now since 2003 and this just has been MY experience with them. you just unfortunetly DO need to take that little break from them at times and follow the rxing lit to the letter? it is there with some very good reasons, trust me. i do hope that helped at least some? Marcia

Closed Thread