It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Toonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB User
does tramadol show up as an opiate on a standard drug test?

Hi there, getting a physical for a new job on Friday, which will include a drug test. As you may know from my previous posting, I'm a little short on my short-acting medication this week (oxycodone). I'm taking tramadol instead yesterday and today and will likely continue until Friday. I will have to declare my long-acting morphine (Kadian) as I know that will be in my system, but I wonder if I even have to mention the tramadol or if it will come up as an opiate? I would guess the drug test will include: THC, Cocaine, opiates, benzos, PCP, hallucinogens, barbituates, alcohol, methamphetamine, all the standards.

Honestly, it would be better if I only came up positive for morphine, instead of morphine AND oxy, if I can do it that way.

anyone know?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2010, 12:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

backhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB User
Re: does tramadol show up as an opiate on a standard drug test?

Tramadol is considered an opiate and it most likely will come up in the testing. Do you have a valid prescription for it? If you do, then it should not be an issue in the testing. Bring the bottles with you and show them to the person administering the test.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2010, 09:08 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Toonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB User

Yes, of course I have a presciption.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:59 PM   #4
(male)

lifeaftr40 HB Userlifeaftr40 HB User

I have had this drug show up on a routine drug test as TRAMADOL so bring your bottle to show you have a script and you will be OK

Old 07-28-2010, 07:39 PM   #5
(female)

ladyff1481 HB User

Yes it does come up as an opiate.

Closed Thread