It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2010, 03:13 AM   #1
(male)

MediaGod HB User
Notes on dealing with the pharmacy...

I have also had the same issue at times and as some have noted, it is usually the same pharmacist who does or doesn't treat me badly. A couple things I wanted to note some may have said in 5 pages or not:

1) Every pharmacy has a Pharmacy Manager, and each of them (if in a chain drug store that is, smaller ones you are dealing with the owner, so all you can do is get satisfied by calmly explaining yourself or get your script and leave finding a reputable place to fill), as I was saying, each of the Pharm Mgrs, have District or Regional Mgrs they answer to. Don't talk to store manager, they have nothing to do with it. Be sure you are valid in your complaint and if people are around or were, kindly ask if they could at least vouch for you that the pharmacist or tech was out of line and they could hear what should be private.
2) When you get your meds on example date April 30, 2010, you start taking it that day as written and needed. On May 29, 30 days have ARRIVED, and your script depending on it's Class, especially with a pain clinic is strictly controlled and YES, many times we must wait until the following morning to start our meds again. This means you have not missed any DAYS, you've merely went hours without having any medication ON you. The ONLY time you can get a day early and the script should be written a day early is where you fall into months where 31 days apply. So, example date March 31, you should get refilled on April 30 the next month if done technically correct. But again, this only applies to Pain or other clinics where you have strict contracts or if your Insurance plan is strictly controlled as well. What to do if you need it a day or two or three even early, SELF PAY if you can afford it. Just a way, can't do it myself and few could but it's an option if you need it that bad.
3) There are no other situations depending on state laws which most allow the pharmacist discretion in filling a script whether narcotics or not where you can get it filled normally 2 days early and sometimes 3 days early. Granted, this will show in your record and if your doctor checked or if the pharmacy was audited recently by manager or gov't, you may be looked at more strictly in general. Try to keep it at no more than 1 or 2 days and don't do this all the time is my advice just in case you are ever looked at by doctor. They might see drug seeking behavior or you pushing limits and not follow their commands.
4) Never let them keep your script if they won't fill. Instead, walk out, and go to another store if you need, again only if you don't have a contract with a clinic to stay at one pharmacy. But if your insurance is the REAL issue, you will hit the same wall.

I have had a lot of issues with pharmacists because of a similar named person who did some scams. I've been looked at crossed-eyed since no matter where I go it seems as this person is well known in this entire area, even my own doctor's office urine sampled me because of this person's name. From now on, date of birth is on my profile and they must ask me.

I thought I had more to say and if I do, I will post. Hope I helped.
Regardless, try to do without one or two here or there through the month if you can and give yourself some lee-way. This is what I do. Do it over the course of months and you can have a good backup supply.

Last edited by moderator2; 08-01-2010 at 03:45 PM. Reason: to make a new thread - please do not post on old threads

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread