It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2001, 02:29 PM   #1

WannaLose HB User
*** T.E.N.S. unit to help TONE and DECREASE FAT Deposit? ***

I wanted to know if anyone has used a T.E.N.S. unit to help tone or get rid of a "fat deposit" on their upper inner thigh?

I use a T.E.N.S. unit for "pain management." I have a lot of physical medical problems. Such as neck, back, hand/wrist pain, foot, ankle, knee pain.

I have seen "copycat" type tens units that are sold on T.V. commericals. But I was prescribed the original T.E.N.S. unit for pain management. I also know that losing weight will help some of my medical problems I am also working on that also.
I just started taking Xenical and Phentermine HCL for weight loss. My main question to this "pain management" message forums is about my T.E.N.S. unit.

Thanks!

<p>[This message has been edited by moderator3 (edited 12-03-2001).]

Old 12-03-2001, 07:14 AM   #2

Kelley HB User
Re: *** T.E.N.S. unit to help TONE and DECREASE FAT Deposit? ***

Hi -

My PT told me that all those claims are false, and the copy cats you see on t.v. are of such a low caliber that they are of no use to anyone for anything! At least you didn't buy one, right!

Kelley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2001, 10:43 AM   #3

jane2 HB User

I would think it would be dangerous to use a t.e.n.s. unit in an unstructured way for fat reduction. You might give yourself new medical problems. If you want to buff up, I would get your doctor or PT to help you develope a program that would target the area in question.

Old 12-06-2001, 09:03 PM   #4

pinecone HB User

My PT told me they were not of any use. She said that some people have bought them in for her to look at. I use a tens and the contractures you see on Tv are not so. To keep my weight down I eat nothing white, no white bread, no white gravy, no white sugar. It sure helps with the weight problem. But then I have no answer for the Med related weight gain!!

Old 01-05-2002, 10:56 AM   #5

Momof8 HB User

Wanna lose... I also have a tns unit..although it is very old, about 17yrs., I can't see it being of much help in the fat areas. It does contract the muscles in my upper back and shoulders when I have it up to at least 6+ on my unit. But I can't see it working on fat.I lost 45lbs. on a diet called the "Eating right for your^blood^ type" by Dr. Peter D'Amatto or something like that on the last name. It worked wonders on me. I'm an O+ type blood and it says NO carbs. for me... I could eat all the protein I wanted and the good thing about that is the book had the foods that were beneficial,neutral, and avoid. It was easy. Also, like everyone says drink lots of water. I also took fat burner pills along with it,since I couldn't exercise on land like some can. I did do water aerobics. Take care and God bless... Ann

Closed Thread