It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2003, 10:14 PM   #1

NaeNae HB User
Post Alternatives to Norco?

My doctor has switched me to Norco since I've been on Vicodin for a few months now so I won't take in as much acetemetaphine. Norco is not under my insurance, however we are lucky to have a co-pay for non formulary drugs, which is $35.00. However, he's only giving me a weeks worth with no refills, we have to order a refill every week, so it's costing me $35.00 a week. Does anyone know if there is another drug like Norco, maybe different name?

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2003, 02:15 AM   #2
(female)

chriztene HB User
I am sorry to hear about your pain and your non diagnosis...Yes, it does take time to get into a good pain management doctor. I waited 2 months. I have found there are not a great deal of pm doctors and the wait seems to reflect this. Also, I would imagine it would depend on the state in which you live in.

It definately sounds like you need to have a thorough exam done by pm specialtist. I do not have your symptoms, but, they do not sound like 'just a back ache.' Its your boby and your pain and one must be relentless in pursuing a diagnosis and pain managment if needed. When it comes to finding a good pm doctor one must be determined and do not take no until a dr. can diagnos your condition and can properly treat your pain.

Yes, there are other medications besides norco. For starters, there is a generic to Norco - hydrocodone 10/325. It is about half the costs of buying the name brand Norco. There is also oxycodone 10/325 which might be worth switching to for the time being due to you developing a tolerance to the hydrocodone.

I wish you the best,

Christine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread