It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2003, 11:48 AM   #1

TADPOLE40 HB UserTADPOLE40 HB User
Question HYDROCODONE WITHOUT TYLENOL

Hello,does anyone know if they make hydrocodone without the acitaminifin or tylenol, if so what is the brand name.

tad

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2003, 11:58 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

grizzk62 HB User
Tad,

As far as I know they don't make just palin hydrocodone. I think it would be great if they did however. There is Norco ithas the least amount of Tylenol in it. It contains 325mgs of tylenol. And I believe that they come in two different strenghts of hydrocodone 7.5 and 10 mgs. I hope this helps...

Matt

[This message has been edited by grizzk62 (edited 05-16-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2003, 04:11 PM   #3
Inactive

HERMIT HB User
Tadpole, I haven't heard of any, but you can get pure codiene, morphine, hydromorphone ect so I have no doubt it is available----and more expensive.

Old 05-16-2003, 07:07 PM   #4

nix nooks HB User
I believe the med you taking about would be percocet. but this has the tylenol in it.
Vicky

Old 05-16-2003, 11:03 PM   #5
Inactive

Autumn Angel HB User
Its oxycodone thats in the percocet Vicky...all these codones are confusing they dont have ANY hydrocodone here in Canada.
I find it works like the percocet but not as strong I guess they give it for an in between ty 3 and perc med. But as far as I know there isnt anything with just the hydrocodone in it on the market anywhere in the States.
Autumn.

Old 05-17-2003, 06:40 PM   #6

TDHZ28 HB User
YES, they do make it at compounding pharmacies. I took it for awhile. I stated out with 15mg it had dextrothophone SPELLING? They came in capsuls. They worked great, my the PM had just told me I would be on long acting narcotics, for I would never get better and I quess he didnt want me taking all that tylenol either. He would write the RX, I would have to go to this lil pharmacy wait 2 hours on them to make it, then pay $66 and wait on ins. to reimburse me. But after I had gall bladder surgery I couldnt go get it filled so dr. called in NORCO, it only has 325 tylenol. Then we went to percocette and recently oxycontin 40x2x2. The benefits of the compounded hydro is that its pure hydro, no dyes or additives and made to order. Just call around for a compouning pharmacy who makes it. GOOD luck, THERESA
pain from cervical radiculopathy, spondy, permanent nerve damage, c5/6 buldging dics, DDD,nerve root lesions, anxiety.depression from chronic pain or vice versa. current meds,oxycontin 2 40's twice a day, oxyir for B/T, xanax, paxil, estratest, synthroid, phenergran.

Old 05-18-2003, 01:28 AM   #7

tattooedmonkey HB User
Hi Theresa!!! Didn't know that you lurked here as well!!! Take it easy... your monkey pal

Old 05-20-2003, 01:05 PM   #8

Oldtimer HB User
Hi Tad,

Hope this goes through, since it's my first time posting. I just wanted to add that Vicoprofen is Hydrocodone with added ibuprofen rather than tylenol. I found that it works as well if not better.

Old 05-20-2003, 02:58 PM   #9

woogie1077 HB User
My PM doctor put me on vicodon HP which is 10mg but it has very little tylenol in it, as opposed to any of the other vicodins. He put me on that becuase I take them so much he wanted the level of tylenol to be as low as possible, and the vicodin HP's have more codine and barely any tylenol.
hope you find something that works for you
-Chrissy

Old 05-21-2003, 02:55 PM   #10

amarie77 HB User
Talking

the medication you are looking for is Vicoprofen. It is made up of hydrocodone and ibuprofen. It comes in generic form also. hope this helps. We sell it alot at the pharmacy I work in.

Old 05-21-2003, 03:21 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

surgicaldisaster HB User
Hey, just wanted to let you know the name of the med is norco....it's 10/325 (10 hydrocodone, 325 acitaminofin), my pm Dr highly recommended it as it has half the dose of acito as the lorcet at 650! So, gor for it if you can, it's sure easier on the liver. I never would have know to ask for it if not for this board by the way...so thanks to all...surg disaster

Closed Thread