It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #1
(female)

mombomb HB Usermombomb HB Usermombomb HB User
Just got back from 2nd accupuncture appt.

I'm drinking coffee to try and wake up. I dont know what it is about it, but that is such an incredibly relaxing experience. I wouldnt have thought having needles stuck all over me would be fun, but I loved it The woman who does it is so nice and her office is full of candles, incense and music. Much more cozy than a normal Dr's office! And how on earth did she know I was stressed by looking at my tongue?? No joke, I've been under a tremendous amount of financial stress right now, bankruptcy She talks to me more than any other Dr ever has, asking about sleep and digestion and well, everything. She even holds my hand and prays for me before the session! I'm not a religous person, but the prayer and the thoughtfullness of it was so nice. No pain relief yet but I've heard that it takes a few sessions, so I'm hopeful. It's great to at least feel like I'm Doing Something to move forward. Have any of you all had good results from accupuncture?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2010, 05:14 PM   #2
(female)

daisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB User
Re: Just got back from 2nd accupuncture appt.

Hi mom,
i just had to reply as I have had such a positive acupuncture experience as well! I have arthritis, fibro and small fiber neuropathy in my feet that brings a burning relentless nerve pain that isn't alleviated by any medications, narcotic or otherwise. I have had this for 6 years now. In desperation I turned to acupuncture, even though I had tried it once before without seeing results. I am so thrilled to say that it has turned the volume down on the burning and lessened the flashes of electric-like pain. I am so glad that I have found an experienced and caring acupuncturist to help me. I feel blessed to have found this treatment as it has helped when I was at my worst point and was losing all hope of ever having a somewhat normal life. I am now able to wear shoes, something I couldn't before, and even to walk a bit. Just a trip to my local mall was out of the question before.
I am so happy that it is helping you too! Best wishes and hoping that you continue to do well!
Daisy

Last edited by daisymaegrl; 12-07-2010 at 05:15 PM. Reason: spelling

The Following User Says Thank You to daisymaegrl For This Useful Post:
mombomb (12-08-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

Mom, I did accupuncture for a year and had tremendous results. The lady I saw had learned it at her grandfathers knee, starting when she was 5 years old. She looked at my husbands eyes and told him that his body was wet inside and he had allergies. (He's a +4 on almost all tests).

she opened up so many of my meridians to help with the nerve connectivity. IT really was helpful. The most number of needles I had was 54(and I learned to wear decent undies and bra!) Hadn't expected to strip down to have it done.....

It was well worth the money and the time.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB User

Hello Friends,
I went for several accupuncture sessions about a year and a half ago, and absolutely loved it. It was the most relaxing thing I have ever done. I came out of each session feeling refreshed.
I had to discontinue as the accupuncturist wasn't accepting insurance at the time. My pain was mechanical, I had bad TMJ joints, so the accupuncture could not cure the pain, (subsequent surgery did).
I'm planning on calling the accupuncturist soon as I hear that she now accepts insurance. Since my joint pain has been eliminated, and I'm just left with some neuralgia, I think I'll get this residual pain reduced or relieved with some accupuncture sessions, plus it's sooo very relaxing.
Peggy

Closed Thread