It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
(male)

trixter25 HB User
Suboxone and Klonopin

So today is my first day on Suboxone 2mg (half of a 4mg) everyday.
Wow, is all I can say... I am free!
I still feel a bit of aches, but nothing I can't deal with.

So what's the problem?
Well, when I got the Suboxone and my klonopin refill (6 years 1mg 3 times daily) I or We didn't even think about it but... when can I take my klonopin?
I just took my first dose of Suboxone about 1 1/2 ago (I was waiting to be fully in w/d's before I took it so it's kinda late)... I want to go to sleep and I usually take 1 when I go to sleep.
Am I going to be losing sleep tonight, because the sub actually has me a little hyper (probably because of the lack of energy from w/d's) and the only thing that will calm that down right now is the klonopin. I have no contact with my doctor this late at night so i was just curious if anyone here takes the same or has some experience with them.

*Update*
I called the pharmacist and the poison control hotline and they both pretty much said as long as I don't take them together and wait a few hours or until you feel the peek of the suboxone wearing off I should be fine.
I researched it online and of course so many different opinions, but the questions weren't specific like mine... per say the questions I saw were "Can I take klonopin and suboxone at the same time" ... but not something like Can I take it after this amount of time... etc.

Last edited by trixter25; 02-03-2011 at 02:49 AM. Reason: update

Closed Thread