It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2011, 11:26 AM   #1
(female)

thaliajen HB User
Looking for Pain Doc in MI

Recently my doctor passed away. I had moved to MI but stayed with him b/c I'd been on the same meds for 14 years, never had to increase or change anything. I also flew through Houston b/c of work often enough to see him. So when we left Houston, there was no problem. But now he's passed away, his office is closed, and I'm stuck in SE MI looking for a doctor who can keep me on my current meds.

For 14 years I've taken the same meds, same dose, and thought that it wouldn't be difficult to find a doc. I was quite wrong. I got caught up in a Pain Clinic here and they don't treat RSD or even care that I have it. They just want to switch me to suboxone and said I'm looking at a 5 days hospital stay. I have a job, a 1 year old son, and a LIFE! My doctor has always treated me with respect and since the meds prescribed worked, I continued on with work and life as I knew it. I flew over 100,000 miles last year, and could not have done so if the RSD hadn't been under control.

I'm at my wit's end here, praying to find a compassionate doctor in this area. If I can't, I guess I'd have to find a compassionate doctor in another state. At this point, all I want to do is find a doctor who doesn't want to change everything, but even a doctor who would listen to me, address the underlying problem, would be great. I'm literally terrified.

Closed Thread