It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
(male)

danme HB User
Anyone Ever Hear of Butrans

Hi all

My Doctor changed my Prescription to BUTRANS -- Has anyone ever been put on this --- What can i expect the side effects to be -- Is it as effective as NORCO 10-325 Or Percosets 10/325 -- ... The Prescription is 10mcg and it is a 7 day patch at a time. (BTW I have been in PM for 8 yrs now)

Will it make me sleep like the Methadone 10 mg did -- I couldn't take that it just Knocked me out after 2 weeks of taking 10 mg twice a day.

I also want to know if the meds will get me HIGH -- I dont like that feeling at all --- I am not comfortable being (for lack of a better term) Out Of Control

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated -- Supposedly this is a Brand New Medicine/patch for chronic pain suffers

Thank You in advance

Dan

Old 03-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
(female)

katlovesdogs HB User
Re: Anyone Ever Hear of Butrans

It has the active ingredient that is in Suboxone

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2011, 01:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User
Re: Anyone Ever Hear of Butrans

It has been on the market in Australia (under the name Norspan) for quite some time, its quite useful in moderate to severe chronic pain, about as usefull as moderate dosages of Oxycontin or morphine.

The sedation and "stoned" feeling should pass off ovoer a couple of weeks - if not, maybe ask your doc if you can try somthing else.

it is popular because buprenorphine is almost the holy grail of narcotic painkillers - they have atleast partly seperated the pain releiving effects from the addictive effects, creating a drug that releives pain like morphine, yet is about as addictive as codeine (ie, 3/5 of 5/8 of not much)

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Closed Thread