It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
(male)

Mickolas HB User
Question Need a new Pain Management Doctor in Western Washington

Does anyone know a sympathetic Pain Doctor in the Western Washington area?

My long time primary care provider has asked that I find a new Doctor for my Pain Management due to the upcoming legislation in the state of Washington.

I am really apprehensive about this. I have called a couple of different offices to see if they can help me. (Some were very stern about a 'No-Meds' rule they have

I found one that said they dealt with pain medication. I decided I will give them a try. They have asked for at least one year of medical records and a referral from my current doctor. This is understandable. I have made an appointment with my primary to ask him for the referral and ask him to send my medical records to the new doctor. I have a copy of my last MRI on CD that I can take with me. I am hoping that my current doctor will fill my monthly prescription at least this one last time.

The person I spoke with at the new Doctors office would not let me make an appointment until they had the medical records. AND - that "appointments are backed up at least a month out".

I have already gone through iterations of physical therapy, chiropractic manipulations, home exercises and facet joint injections. None of these things ended up really working out. I still do the stretching at home and work to keep limber, etc. The injection was a very costly and scary waste of time for me. Not only did it not help, but I felt that it contributed to more pain for a brief period.

I am praying that I will not need to jump through the hoops to prove myself to a new doctor. I am currently taking pcet 6x 7.5/500 a day. I have been begging for something stronger for years. My primary has always been very hesitant about narcotics. He's a wonderful guy and I believe he really does care about me. This just obviously isn't a field he is comfortable with.

So, again, does anyone know a good Pain Management Doctor in the Western Washington area. I

I am really worried about being able to function if I get put in a position without prescription relief. They work for me and get me functional. Whether in my desk chair at work, or in the garage/yard at home.

Last edited by Mickolas; 03-25-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread