It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
(female)

Greekmom3 HB User
Leg pain!!!

Newbie here looking for some answers!
I had fusion/decompression of L4/L5 Sept 28, 10 and am still taking Hydrocodone and muscle relaxer to help with the deep aching in my legs. Doc says my fusion looks good and there are no other problems. Whew!! Just this horrible aching! How long does this last? Am I just being impatient?

Old 03-26-2011, 01:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

maltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB User
Re: Leg pain!!!

The answer to your question depends on a lot on why the surgery was done? Did you have any nerve compression? If so, those nerves can sometimes take months to get over trauma....and if they were pinched too long, that can become permanent.

Does the pain get better or worse depending on what you are doing? Has your doctor tried any medications for nerve pain? Have you had a new MRI to find out if there are any other problems developing?

Hope to hear soon as to how you are doing. I will check to see if you have any answers to the questions I asked, and hope that I will be able to help you.

Carol
Last surgery Oct, 2010, 3 levels

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread