It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2011, 11:45 AM   #1
(female)

lynnjenn HB User
Angry Need advice and fast

I was in a tramatic accident four years ago which resulted in a 12 pound hematoma and have had two surgries to remove calisfied tumors from my thigh, My question is that I have been taking 2 10 norco and have recently went down to 3 500 vicodin a day. this medication is not working and I dont know why my body wont react to it. It doesn't add up for the little change. Should I call my MD and ask to be put back on norco? I really would like to get off the pain meds that is why I went down. Problem is I feel worse.
What should I do? I have seen this MD since my accident Im scared to death to have to call him and let them know. it has only been 2 weeks but 2 weeks i have been hurting and even have tried to take an extra one.
It hurts to sit and stand and I know cant sleep on that side of my body...
someone please tell me if I should grin and bear it even tried alieve in between dosages.. nothing is improving....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User
Re: Need advice and fast

I'd ask to go back to Norco if that worked for you.

Addind a daily dose of meloxicam (Mobic, 15mg) can help enhance the pain releif you get from your narcotics, it isnt habit forming, and unlike other NSAID's. doesnt cause ulces or stomach upset.

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
Re: Need advice and fast

Are you treating with a Pain Management doctor? They can review what you are taking and how it's working to determine if a change is needed.

Closed Thread