It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
(female)

shelina77 HB User
Help finding a new doctor in Ohio

Hi, I'm new! I recently moved from FL to Ohio and am not sure how to go about finding a new pain managment dr. to just continue prescribing my meds. I have legitimate injuries and all documents ,,,x-rays, m.r.i.s etc. to show a new dr. please help.!!!! I can't afford all new tests etc., as I have no insurance. I live in Findlay, Ohio but am willing to drive to Toledo or wherever within reason.
Thanks, Shelina

Old 04-18-2011, 05:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User
Re: Help finding a new doctor in Ohio

Wow, I just saw a documentary regarding the problem with pill mills and oxy abuse in Ohio. Doesn't seem the laws have cought up with the times and their in the processs of cracking down big time on mills that do nothing but prescribe. Unfortunatelt their are real CP patient forced to use these docs. Given you don't have the money or insurance for any alternative therapies, things will either be tough or you will end up using a doc that does nothing but write scripts. I would think it best to get medicaid or some tye of insurance so that your in a popsition to continue lookng for alternative and adjunctive treatments from legitimate pain treatment facilities. . Meds alone are rarely the best and only way to manage pain. It may cheapest but at what cost to the patient. good luck. Dave

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2011, 04:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janiee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB User
Re: Help finding a new doctor in Ohio

I live in Ohio and saw the documentary, and read the local newspaper articles involving this doctor. I'm also in PM. The documentary took place in a very isolated place in a very rural area. This is not a widespread problem in our state. Our laws are up to date-this doctor that over prescribed somehow managed to stay under the radar till now. Most of our docs are NOT like this one...janiee

Last edited by janiee08; 04-19-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Closed Thread