It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
(female)

Notsocrazy HB User
Need new pain doc in northern Colorado

I have several pain management issues that I have been seeing a pain management doctor for over about 3 years. I began seeing my current doc after I moved to a new area and it was just too far to drive to see my old doc(that I loved). My current doc is okay, but he just wrinkles his nose and cringes when I tell him that I am only getting moderate relief from my pain meds. About 3 months ago I told him that I just didn't feel like I was getting adequate relief, and he told me that he wasn't comfortable increasing my dosage. I have a pretty aggressive degenerative disease that is only getting worse and is inoperable, so I know that I am not going to get any better. Right now I am just trying to control my pain enough to continue working as I am the breadwinner in my home. I know that I will eventually become disabled, but I really want to work as long as I can pull myself out of bed in the mornings! I guess I'm afraid that if I push him to do more that he will cut me off altogether. I currently take 5 7.5/500 Percocet a day. Does anyone know of a compassionate pain management doc around the Denver or North Colorado area? I really feel like I need to start looking for a new doc before my pain gets to be much worse. Medical marijuana is legal here, but I would lose my job in a heartbeat!!!! Please PM me if you have any suggestions!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
(male)

MyHipsHurt HB User
Re: Need new pain doc in northern Colorado

Hi,
I'm very sorry to hear of your pain. Unfortunately I'm in a similar situation and I'm wondering if you ever found a new doctor since I need to find one too?

Thanks, and I hope you're feeling better since you posted this and were able to find a doctor that has helped you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread