It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #1
(female)

mombomb HB Usermombomb HB Usermombomb HB User
EMG tomorow!

I dont really have a question, but I have an EMG tomorow. I'm nervous, excited, hopeful, but after so many years of nobody being able to figure me out, I know I shouldnt set myself up for dissapointment. I'm doubtful at this point that I'll ever know what's causing this chronic tendinitis.

I was so excited about the last MRI and it just came back negative. Thats another big fat $700 'Nope, we dont know whats wrong with you!'.

It's very expensive to have chronic pain. sigh.

My pain has gotten alot worse the past week or two. Not sure what's going on. It always gets worse during that 'womanly time' every month, but thats not the case now. I know I'm getting tolerant of my Norco's and I'll have to switch to something stronger soon, but this is definitely a case of the pain is just getting a lot worse. When I wake up in the morning, free of drugs, I can hardly move. I cant even lift a coffee cup til the first pill of the day kicks in.

This scares me. How bad will it get? Will it ever 'plateau'? How much pain can I handle? How strong am I? I've managed to live and enjoy my life despite this, but if it gets too bad, will I lose my ability to do the things I love? I wonder what the future holds for me.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
(male)

joebob254 HB Userjoebob254 HB Userjoebob254 HB Userjoebob254 HB Userjoebob254 HB Userjoebob254 HB User
Re: EMG tomorow!

I share your sentiment. I have just recently been told that my L2-L3 fusion has failed and a second attempt is not recomended. Finding the right level of medication has been a slow process and we are not quite there yet. On top of that, my career of nine years is now gone.

I'm with you and wonder the same things. How much more will this take of my life. I look at my little girl and am petrified at the thought of not being able to do daddy things because I hurt.

Mombomb, remember this please; we can overcome it. We can stay on top of it and find the doctor that will give us the proper amount of relief so that we may have a "normal" life. We will not loose ourselves in this thing called pain. I have a feeling that your EMG will yield some results for you. It's funny what a little bit of knowledge will do for your mood. Just knowing is half the battle. If for some reason the test doesn't give you answers that your need, keep plugging away. Stay persistant with the doctor to finally get the test that will give you some answers. It will come for you cause I have just sent you an angel .

Good luck
"Joe"
PLIF L2-L3 in 2009
PLIF failed to fuse

The Following User Says Thank You to joebob254 For This Useful Post:
mombomb (05-03-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2011, 07:34 AM   #3
(female)

mombomb HB Usermombomb HB Usermombomb HB User
Re: EMG tomorow!

Thank you Joe You made me smile.
I WILL keep plugging away. I wont give up. Lately, I've allowed it to get to me. I need to snap out of it. I will NOT let this evil pain take my happiness away from me.

Closed Thread