It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
(female)

kimbo143 HB User
Unhappy severe hip and leg pain

hello, new to this site, just trying to get any advice i can get. ive had pain in my legs since i was very little, im almost 28 now and its gotten so bad. ive had to miss work and college classes also. last year i noticed an indentation in my right hip. since then its gotten bigger and lately its been causing alot of pain. sometimes i can't walk. i use heating pads, ice, and ive tried just about every medicine for pain there is. one doctor told me its fibromyalgia but that was a couple years ago, one wanted me to get tests for MS, but now im going to see a chiropractor because a different doctor told me today it could be sciatica, which has to do with your spine and nerves. im just confused and all i know is im in a lot of pain, its hard for me to get the help i need because i dont have insurance. ive had an MRI and xrays done, also bloodwork, they say its all normal. if you know of anything that could help or have any ideas, please let me know, very much appreciated, this is really holding me back, and frustrating, also very costly!! i pray to God all the time that he will help me, and that i can figure out why i have this pain and what its from!! THANK YOU ALL.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
(male)

The Skitz HB User
Re: severe hip and leg pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo143 View Post
hello, new to this site, just trying to get any advice i can get. ive had pain in my legs since i was very little, im almost 28 now and its gotten so bad. ive had to miss work and college classes also. last year i noticed an indentation in my right hip. since then its gotten bigger and lately its been causing alot of pain. sometimes i can't walk. i use heating pads, ice, and ive tried just about every medicine for pain there is. one doctor told me its fibromyalgia but that was a couple years ago, one wanted me to get tests for MS, but now im going to see a chiropractor because a different doctor told me today it could be sciatica, which has to do with your spine and nerves. im just confused and all i know is im in a lot of pain, its hard for me to get the help i need because i dont have insurance. ive had an MRI and xrays done, also bloodwork, they say its all normal. if you know of anything that could help or have any ideas, please let me know, very much appreciated, this is really holding me back, and frustrating, also very costly!! i pray to God all the time that he will help me, and that i can figure out why i have this pain and what its from!! THANK YOU ALL.
Why is nobody helping this person?

Hello. Sorry to hear about all of this. I am also new to the site. So I dont have a great deal of advice for you. First off, look into health benefits from the state or county. If you dont qaulify, then you can see if they can rule you temporarily disabled. You will be eligible if your found to be disabled. After that hurdle is done, I would suggest you speak to the same doctor that wanted to do testing for MS. That seems like your best bet. If he is wrong at least you can rule it out and pursue the possibility of sciatica. That is all I can advise.

I am hoping others with more experience with this sort of thing can comment as well.

Best of luck to you. I hope you are able to get the help you need.
Feel better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2011, 09:34 PM   #3
(female)

dupee1 HB User

I'm far from being a doctor, however, I have the pain problem in my left hip and leg. Mine is due to severe arthritis in the hip. And it does cause some terrible pain. I don't know what to tell you about no insurance. There should be some help (like the reply above me said) through your state or county. I'd check the state first. Run a search for medical care for uninsured people and see what happens.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #4
(female)

Outtapain HB User

I am in the same boat with you with no insurance. I would try to see as they had said look into state or county insurance. Usually public aid offices have this and you have to fill out forms . Im not sure where you live but I know where I live they are giving me a hassal because I do not have children so they keep saying I dont qualify. Under law though there is not rule saying I have to have children to qualify. Next I would get tested for MS and the siatica. I know its expensive I also pay out of pocket for everything. Do you have a county hospital you can go to??? Also did the xrays show a lump or anything where the indentation is?? Please let me know so I can help you figure this out. Hope this finds you in as little pain as possible.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:55 PM   #5
(female)

msgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB User

i agree with the others... check with state dept of human resources (where you apply for medicaid/medicare)...they may even know of a nearby health dept location is, or if they wont approve you for full medicaid, maybe give you temporary medical assistance to get testing done and such.. you can also apply for ssi benefits... u can also search the internet for assistance, as there is tons of info out there.. u need to get the testing done, but at same time, some immediate relief..
as for medications, if you can not afford them, you can contact medication manufacturers & your dr will have to fill out a form and you can get meds for free..

Old 07-05-2011, 10:59 PM   #6
(female)

msgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB User

i forgot to mention, i have hip and leg pain as well, and mine is partially because of lumbar spine conditions. but when i first started having the pain, my pcp ruled it as sciatica and sent me to a neuro surgeon, which in turn had me see his pain mgmt dr. i had an injection into the hip socket and it gave me 100% relief immediately ! it lasted for a very long time too, but i think that was due to the fact that i had went out of work on med leave and was not on my feet all the time and could change positions at will..
my hip pain had gotten to the point that it felt like i was sitting on bags of rocks, even when sitting on a soft thick cushioned chair, and i had pain shooting all the way down my leg..

Closed Thread