It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
(male)

Frederick123 HB UserFrederick123 HB UserFrederick123 HB User
Ever Do Something Really Stupid?

I , like most of you, have chronic pain. It affects most of my joints so my activities are limited. Well one of my favorites is wood working. I know I have to be aware of how my mind and body are working before any machine gets switched on. No tools get used when the breakthrough meds come on board. All that being said, Saturday morning I tried to put a too small piece of hardwood through my new plainer. Dumb move! The wood came back " with extreme pregidous(sp)." It only took two stitches but my right hand is quite brused and swollen. So now my favorite hobby is out until this heals. I'm sure you all know how easy depression comes to visit. Well, he's baaack!
Thanks for letting me vent.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2011, 12:10 PM   #2
(female)

mombomb HB Usermombomb HB Usermombomb HB User
Re: Ever Do Something Really Stupid?

Oh yes, I do stupid things all the time
One of my worst is, when it's a beautiful, warm day, I'll take an extra pill and weedeat and mow the grass. I cant help myself. I love doing it, even though I pay for it for days afterwards. I know, stupid.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
(female)

Erosangel HB User

Yeah. I like to make baby quilts. Alot of crawling around on the floor or bending over the sewing machine. Not smart when your out of Pain meds but I can't help it. I love the looks on peoples faces when they get them.

My husband on the other hand hates it. Now that I'm seeing a PM and he's doing injections he won't let me have any pain meds.

It's life we do stupid things and we pay for them.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Toonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB User

Hi Fred. I "threw my back out" this weekend. I don't really know what that means, all I know is that I did it. I never had lower back pain before but after too much activity I could barely walk and my back was killing me. So yes, I did something stupid. I learned to act my age and not pretend I'm 19 anymore. Hope you are feeling better!

Closed Thread