It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2011, 10:59 AM   #1
(female)

Caryfarmgirl HB User
I am having jaw/ear pain that can't be diagnosed

Hello I am new to this site and am not sure this is the best place to post but I am open to any ideas. I am a 76 year old female with ear, jaw, and neck pain that started about 6 weeks ago- My dentist and doctors have ruled out TMJ, sinus, and tooth issues. I wear a night guard for teach grinding and have fibermyalgia.

The pain constant, confined to the right side of my face and advil controls the pain to some degree. My doctor is sending me on to an ENT, but have had so few ideas that I would like to start investigating all possibilities. I have no online research background so anything you can do to help me would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Old 05-18-2011, 11:25 AM   #2
(female)

mombomb HB Usermombomb HB Usermombomb HB User
Re: I am having jaw/ear pain that can't be diagnosed

I know how incredibly frustrating it is to have pain and not know why. Nobody can figure me out either. If you're not used to researching on the internet, I'd try sitting down with somebody who is, and the two of you seeing what you can find. That way, as the other person pulls stuff up, you can say, nope, thats not it, or yes, lets read this article further.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
(female)

Erosangel HB User
Re: I am having jaw/ear pain that can't be diagnosed

Hi,

Since you mentioned fibromyalgia, I thought I would mention this. Talk to your doctor about myfascial pain syndome, it can be mistaken for fibermyalgia. I have a similar situation except my pain extends down my back as well. Just an Idea.

Good Luck,

Patsy

Closed Thread