It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
(male)

smithesque HB User
Logging vicodin use in Excel?

I keep a small Excel spreadsheet to log my vicodin intake. For each refill from my doc I track:
  • Date of refill
  • Date of first dose
  • Date of last dose
  • Number in refill (always 45 at the moment)

I then have a few columns to calculate:
  • Daily intake from refill to refill
  • Daily intake from first dose to last dose

I track both of those because I usually leave about two weeks after my last dose before I request a refill (just so I know I'm in control of the meds and not the other way around ) So, for example, my average daily intake, first to last dose is about 2.1 5/500 tablets per day. My average intake, refill to refill is about 1.4 5/500 tablets per day.

Most important, I watch the trend. I'd like those per-day numbers to stay flat because my although my back condition (disc degeneration) is not improving, nor is it getting appreciably worse. Since the numbers *are* indeed flat, I'm concluding that I'm taking sufficiently small amounts that my body is not developing any kind of tolerance, or if it is it is very very slow in build up.

Anyone else do this kind of thing?

Old 05-22-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User
Re: Logging vicodin use in Excel?

I don't have any type of log sheet...My prescriptions are for 30 days...and have the instructions on the bottle that I've been taking the same for the last year..

I take both an extended release medicine every 8 hours (Morphine Sulfate ER)...and then I have OxyIR and immediate release medicine for my breakthrough pain....there is a 'max' amount for the day...so I can take anywhere from 0 to 8 in a 24 hour period when needed for extra pain...

I see my Dr. every 3 months...and he writes two sets of prescriptions on that day...one to fill immediately...and one is post dated for the following month...Then I go and pu the one's I need for that next month...

Smith...you are on a medicine that can be called in...mine you can't do that so that is why I have the schedule above..

I keep my tolerance level low (I also wrote about it in the other thread about addiction vs tolerance) by doing a lot of other things to help with my pain..

As well as being a chronic pain patient...my pain level is about a 5-7 depending on activity level...So I know not to take my medicine thinking I can get to a 2 or a 0 level..

I eat all Organic,,,light exercise for 30 min. each day, do yoga, acupuncture, injections when needed, Cognitive Behavorial Therapy, aqua therapy, use a muscle relaxer when needed, also a sleep med, (being well rested helps my pain level immensely!)..

All these things have helped so that I've only had to up my medicine one time in the last two years...

That's great that the spreadsheet works to help you keep track of your medicine and tolerance levels...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread