It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #1
(female)

jo2293 HB User
Abdominal pain

hi guys was just wondering has anybody else have acute abdominal pain on the lower right hand side! I am constantly taking ponstan as a painkiller but as I am 18 i dont want to continue with that... the doctors have ruled out appendix and cysts on the ovaries so i dont know what it is...
I hope somebody could shed some light on it... Feel free to ask any questions which may help you!!! x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2011, 01:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User
Re: Abdominal pain

So you do not have any type of fever and they are sure it's not appendix? How did they test for the ovaries? Did they do an ultrasound?

It can also be the pancreas or kidneys....do you have other symptoms?

Obviously we aren't Dr.s here on this site and just others with Chronic Pain...so it will take keep trying to go to the Dr.s and finding out what they can find and how to help you...but we are here for support..

I had cysts that would rupture pretty much every month...They were excruciating...the most intense pain would last for about an hour or two....then go to an ache...the one time I went to the ER...they did an ultrasound and saw the fluid and the cysts...

I ended up having laprascopic surgery to remove one of the larger cyst...but then that surgery caused adhesions...and that was on top of the adhesions from the cysts rupturing....so the next year did another surgery and removed my appendix since they were worried it could rupture as well...

Anyway..long story for that was that going off birth control ended up helping and I didn't have any more problems after that thank God!..

What type of Dr. or Drs. have you seen so far?

The Following User Says Thank You to Ilovemycutedog For This Useful Post:
jo2293 (05-27-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
(female)

jo2293 HB User

i have been getting the pain now for about a year. In oct 2010 I got a very severe pain in my right abdomen at night. Was rushed to A&E hooked up to a drip and I was in a bed in A&E until the next morning. I was give a bed in gynae and was sent for an ultrasound. The results showed no fluid in or around the appendix and ovaries were normal. I was also having blood tests during this. Was kept overnight and the pain lapsed. was poked by the doctor a few times and told to go on a head.
My 2nd time in A&E i again was poked and prodded sent up to gynae and was waiting to be sent for ultrasound and CT scan because the symptoms settled they done neither. Was kept for observation and that was it.

My symptoms include;
- fever
- Headaces
- Nausea/ vomitting

My pain comes and go but there is always a dull ache. I have also found the pain moving to my left side in the last couple of weeks.

I have seen consultant gynae, 5 different surgical consultants 3 different house doctors. At the minute I am waiting for an appointment with the surgical team which has been a referal from my doctor.

Thanks!!

Old 05-26-2011, 10:59 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janiee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB User

Have you had your gallbladder checked? It's on the right side and higher up than you are explaining but you never know. When I had my gallbladder attacks years ago, my pains were right in the middle of my stomach. Not really text book case. But it did end up being my gallbladder and they took it out. The nausea and vomiting fit the picture as well. How do you feel after you eat things like eggs, foods that are high in fat, or fried foods? ...janiee

The Following User Says Thank You to janiee08 For This Useful Post:
jo2293 (05-27-2011)
Old 05-27-2011, 05:16 AM   #5
(female)

jo2293 HB User

to be honest i dont really know... I only got the one ultrasound and everything looked good and all blood tests show an infection but not sure what it is. But it is worth mentioning to the doctor. Eating doesnt usually have any effect on the pain yet when i get it I lose my appetitie. I have been prescribed ponstan ran out of them not that they were any use and was put on mefac tablets and they arent even dulling the pain a little. so nobody seems to know what it is. jodie!!x

Closed Thread