It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

BB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB User
stories from PM...........

while working for a very busy orthopaedic surgeon; i started to notice this one patient constantly in our office-it was a huge office with on site PT Dept, on site PCP physician and 6 exam rooms each for the 2 docs-anyhow this pt would show up constantly with a "question" for the doctor. he would somehow get past front desk to the interior of the office-and i noticed that he would always want to use the phone and then he would leave-one day i happened to be in a supply rm rite next to where this pt would go to use phone-and i heard him calling in vicoden es in for himself!!!! i could not believe it-so after he left this time i informed dr and he contacted the pharmacy documented in this pt chart-he was actually using his same pharmacy that we had on record and had called himself in narcotic and benzo rx's for about the past 7 mos. this time when he went to pick up his pills the police were waiting for him! Unbelievable and pathetic.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #2
(female)

ncmommakat HB Userncmommakat HB Userncmommakat HB User
Re: stories from PM...........

A patient had somehow got a hold of the computer paper used to write scripts. The pharmacy got suspicious when he kept filling these schedule II scripts and called the Doctor. They realized this person had somehow taken a stack of the paper that was basically scripts that the computer prints out the monthly scripts for patients. They should be on dumb crooks as they used THEIR REAL NAME and used the same pharmacy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2011, 12:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User
Re: stories from PM...........

Yes...it is quite sad to hear about these types of stories...I am friends with my PM outside of our appts...we have had many conversations...(within the rules of HIPAA)...He is a very caring and compassionate Dr. and those who try to abuse the system take away time, resources, and immediate trust from regular patients...They have the 'trust but verify' mentality which I completely understand...

Closed Thread