It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
(female)

mombomb HB Usermombomb HB Usermombomb HB User
Should I call my Dr?

I've been in PM for a year or so and my pain has been increasing gradually, largely due to the fact that my condition (chronic tendinitis) is getting worse and spreading.
Since Monday, I've been in hell. Sorry for being melodramamtic, but it's like 'day after surgery' pain. I cant get on top of it and I've taken extra pills. Should I call and let him know? This is SO bad, I'm just wondering if I should tell him? I see him again in a few weeks.
Thanks,
Teri

Old 06-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User
Re: Should I call my Dr?

Sorry to hear you are having so much pain..

I always suggest contacting your Dr. when you are having a 'more than normal' pain episode...and either trying to speak directly with him or see if there is an appt. soon that you can come in and see him.

This way...they can let you know if you are directed to take extra medicine as if you do this on your own for many days...you might run out of medication that they prescribe for the month...or if under contract...a urine test or pill count will be off...

So my answer is yes...absolutely call them and let them know what is going on...if anything...there will be record you letting them know of the escalated pain...

Do you take a nerve pain medicine for the tendonitis? Or any type of muscle relaxer?

Also try to use other methods besides pain medicine to help with your pain..

I am sorry that you are going through this...I hope you can get in touch with them soon..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

Do you see the doctor regularly. I see my PM doc every month so we take a few minutes to discuss what is working, what's not working, symptom changes, pain level changes, etc.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:01 PM   #4
(female)

I see him either every month or every two. We've discussed the fact that it's time to move onto something stronger, but I keep resisting. I'm nervous about how something different will affect me, but I know it's time.

I just called and they have an appointment for me tomorow, so yeah! I feel a bit more relaxed. So, thank you for the advice ilovemycutedog (I have 3 cute dogs too, labs, and I'm a puppy raiser for guide dogs ) I havent found a neuro med that helps and no, I dont have muscle relaxers. I use heat (jacuzzi tub and heating pads) when it gets bad. That usually calms it down, but not now. It's too bad.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User

YEA!...Glad to hear you can get in tomorrow!! Maybe he can just raise the dosage on what you are taking now...or add an extra pill or two...(not sure what you are taking now)...

I actually get two prescriptions of MSContin...but in different strengths so I can choose how much to take each day instead of moving up an entire 30mg..I can add 15 when needed or not...same with my BT meds...I get up to 8 a day...so have a lot of leeway...along with Flexeril as a muscle relaxer...this helps tremendously...but it makes me very sleepy so I take on days I can rest....

Ohhhh...I'm so jealous of the jacuzzi!! That would feel SO good to me as I've used a friends before...

And I have a yellow lab So yippee for Labs!!! That's fantastic that you raise Guide Dogs! My mom's present to the family each X-mas is a donation in each of our names to a Lab Guide Dog place (I'll have to look where it's located)..so I want to say Thank You for what you do!

Keep us posted how it goes tomorrow..

Old 06-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #6
(female)

That is so awesome that your mom does that! It's donations like that that make it possible. My group is in So. Cali and we're all non-profit. I dont get paid for what I do and neither do most of the people there, so thank your mom for me It's a Fantastic cause!

Closed Thread