It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2011, 07:50 AM   #1
(female)

ncmommakat HB Userncmommakat HB Userncmommakat HB User
TOTALLY PO'd ( Venting )

Gave a friends son a ride home last night. He asked to be dropped off at one of his neighbors houses. As soon as I dropped him off I noticed he left his cell in my car. Went up and knocked on door. A rude voice yelled WHO THE ... is it ? I answered and was let in. The neighbors son "Bill" said She's OK..don't worry
..Well... they proceeded to talk about drugs, the cost, what the neighbor could get for what. how he has a fake MRI he paid for and his van won't make it to Florida but he has contacts in NC and he makes 6000. a month yada, he takes Suboxone but can get OC80, Opana, Roxies, just aything you need. This man just kept TALKING. He had 2 young kids walking around the house, would swear that his wife wasn't home. I was APPALLED, I just left of course after hearing all this information.But I will be honest. This man was just going on and on and I was listening because I had heard this happens but have never met someone who actually did it. So I listened and I absorbed the absurdity of the situation. IT REALLY HAPPENS

Old 06-09-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User
Re: TOTALLY PO'd ( Venting )

Yep...unfortunately there are many addicts and people who abuse/sell medication out there...And teenagers or young adults are the fastest growing population involved...My PM Dr. has to deal with this all the time but they have extremely strict rules to follow for us a CP'ers...like urine tests, pill counts at anytime, double checking MRI results and consult with the Dr. who ordered that test....which is all fine by me...so that they can weed out the bad one's..

If I can make a suggestion to make a call to the police about this going on and the address of where it was taking place...as well as giving any names you know about who is involved..The police will NOT tell them that you provided the info...If we...as pain patients can help with getting people like this to stop in anyway...I am all for it...but obviously that is your choice..

Sorry you had to hear about that as it's truly sad...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #3
(female)

The thought has crossed my mid to do just that. As soon as I get the exact address I will.I felt bad for the two kids. one was under 2 years of age and the other around 4. It is people just like this that makes it hard for us legit pain patiens suffer in the long run

Old 06-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User

Wow...that is truly sad to see those children exposed to that..

Old 06-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

I'm amazed at how nonchalant you are about involving the police. This is a major crime and they need to be notified now. If you don't have the exact address...go get it. These people, including your friends son need to be put behind bars. You hear the stories on here all the time about folks who get dropped for no reason and can't get their meds anymore, or any treatment for that matter. These "people" you were in the company of last night are the reason why this happens. Please, don't just take this as "oh, so that does really happen" call your local police station and report it. They can always pick up the friends son and make him talk, because you obviously know where he lives.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #6
(female)

It was dark last night and the house didn't have bright numbers on the house. There wasn't a porch light on and i was SO shocked as I walked out I didn't think to write it down. I do however plan on reporting it. I vented here earlier my shock, dismay and naivete that this REALLY HAPPENS as I have heard about but NEVER seen it in ACTION.
I don't care about my friends son or WHY he was there at all. In fact, I haven't mentioned it to her because I DO PLAN on reporting this to the police, child protective services, medicare and medicaid and anyone else who can act on it. As soon as i get off work ( I work 8-5 in another county ) I will casually drive by and get the house number. I will then look up on the county property tax map and get their names as well. They rent a lot at a mobile home village and I plan on letting the "landlord" know as well.I just hope this person doesn't visit these boards but then I am anonymous anyway.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:27 PM   #7
(female)

jakes1mom HB Userjakes1mom HB User

Yea, it happens everyday. But you need to be careful going places like that, something could happen to you. I lived close to a dope house years ago, and someone came by and shot the place up. That was pretty scary. As far as calling the cops, thats on you. I called them myself and nothing was done about it. If i were you, but im not i would not ever go back to that place again. I know, some kid asked for a ride. next time this person ask for a ride, please decline. Or dont take them back to that same house anyways. And about the children, you know how dss is. Basically as long as they have a roof, food and some clothes on thats all they care about. i see it all the time. I know some pill headed women i went to school with who have a house full of children. Its really sad.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #8
(female)

This is a regular looking nice double wide in a nice mobile home park. You never would know from looking at the place they had drug dealers living there. If it was in a bad place i wouldn't have been there at all but then my friend wouldn't be living there either.
She is moving out at the end of the month anyway as this was a 6 month stint while her home was being repaired from busted pipes. I won't EVER be going back there at all.
Since she is moving in a few weeks anyway the dealers won't he ale to come back at her or her son if they figure things out anyway.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:05 PM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

You'd be amazed at the homes it occurs in. Here in Phoenix they've done some "busts" in high end neighborhoods....as it can "hide" the action. I'm glad you will report it. Scary, gives us all a bad name for those of us who need the meds.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:32 AM   #10
(female)

OK.. did a drive by last nite, got the house number, the name of the mobile home park. I wrote a letter to DSS reporting child abuse. I KNOW they will act as someone had reported one of my neighbors years ago for having their 13 yr old son cut a tree down with a chain saw.
I know someone who works with the State Medicaid/Medicare Food stamps department with the State where I live. She is going to write up a fraud report ( income higher than reported for eligibility ). I reported abuse on the DEA web site as well. I also wrote a letter to the sheriff in MY county telling him exactly what happened.( it helps bing a government employee sometimes ). I am sure he knows the sheriff in that county.
I told my friend last night what I had seen as well. She suspected activity there as well as at other mobile homes in the community . She also suspected her son had taken pills and is SO GLAD she is moving out.
i was never NOT going to do something and didn't mean to sound so Blase' about the situation as Kat stated.I was just SO SHOCKED and APPALLED

Old 06-10-2011, 06:38 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Sorry if I came off too strong...I just have a hard time with people knowing about this type of stuff and doing nothing about it. I've seen too many friends on here hurt and their lives ruined from docs who run scared because of losers like this.

Thanks for taking a stand, we all owe you a big thanks.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:56 AM   #12
(female)

I agree that more people need to take a stand to get rid of the people who are ruining it for the legit pain patients or making it hard for us to keep and get legit treatment. i am naive I guess that this would even go on in front of me !!!!
I see you are from NC though i don't know what part . I know I have found a great PM Doc in Raleigh and have heard stories about how patients were dumped for not being compliant or testing for substances illegal. But this incident was an eye opener for sure

Old 06-10-2011, 08:01 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

Are you in the Raleigh area? I'm in Chapel Hill. I have a great doc, I ditched the PM docs/clinics about 8 yrs ago when I got tired of all the rigamorand and crap. My PCP does my pain management and has for the past 8 yrs. She's been my doc for 12 yrs. She's a great lady and a great doc and luckily we're semi close in age, so I don't have to worry about her retiring. She works well with my ortho docs and my pdoc, which can be hard to find these days, but I've also had all those same docs for 12 yrs. I'm on a lot of diff meds for diff conditions, so it's pretty important that all my docs play nice together. *s*

kat

Closed Thread