It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #1
(female)

jakes1mom HB Userjakes1mom HB User
Finally, A doc who gets it!!

I've been on pain medication since 2007. I've tried different things, but methadone seems to work better for me. Well, my back and legs started to bother me alot worse than usual. I had to go see my doc this past tuesday. He asked me how was my med working for me, and I told him how I felt. Okay, he ask me had i tried oxicodone before. I said I had. He told me that he wanted to try me on some breakthrough medicine. To continue my regular dosage of methadone and inbetween doses to take oxycodone. These are IRs, and they work really fast for me. I've never heard of them before. Are they new, or just new to me? So far so good with the pain control. I do have some relief now taking the two meds. I had heard that a doctor would or could prescribe a breakthrough med, but i had never gotten any before now. And, as long as I stay out of the sun,"lupus" my pain should be handled pretty well now. I might even go fishing this summer if I continue to get pain relief!! Now that would be awsome. I haven't felt like fishing in years.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:32 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Finally, A doc who gets it!!

Oxycodone is just a short acting med like Vicodin, Percocet, etc. They've been around for ages. The problem with them is you very easily get used to them, and then need your dose increased, get used to them again, and the cycle goes on....generally though most docs won't keep increasing the dose. The goal with BT meds is actually to only take them when you have to, for a serious flare, or unbelievable pain.

Good Luck.

kat

The Following User Says Thank You to katlin09 For This Useful Post:
jakes1mom (06-13-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread