It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
(female)

CaliGirl HB UserCaliGirl HB UserCaliGirl HB UserCaliGirl HB UserCaliGirl HB User
Anyone used or heard of using a SCS for SI joint pain?

I have had chronic SI joint pain since 2006. Since that time, I have had 3 of the RFA treatments and was wondering if the use of a SCS for this type of pain is effective? I read previously on these boards that the SCS is more helpful for leg as opposed to back pain. Any info on this would be much appreciated. Thanks. Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2011, 11:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: Anyone used or heard of using a SCS for SI joint pain?

I can't answer you with any great authority, but I have heard that SCS is not useful for SIJ pain -- that it cannot be implanted in such a way that the coverage is useful for SIJ problems.

Have you looked into the "new" SIJ fusion surgery? The few people I know that have had it are quite pleased with the results.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2011, 04:05 AM   #3
(female)

CaliGirl HB UserCaliGirl HB UserCaliGirl HB UserCaliGirl HB UserCaliGirl HB User
Re: Anyone used or heard of using a SCS for SI joint pain?

Thanks Teri. I have read about the new fusion surgery on the internet. I would consider it once it has been out a while. I asked my pain center dr. about it and he said that it's just too new for them to recommend it yet. But I have it in the back of my mind. Thanks again.

Closed Thread