It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
(female)

dmc1979 HB User
Need Help in Ohio

Hello,

I'm a 31 year old mother of 3 and i am in need of some help. For 3 years i've suffered from fibromyalgia when all the various meds failed to help and i continued to get worse i underwent more testing. The testing came back positive for Ra factors and Lupus. I have been to several doctors to help with the pain management but to no avail. Some tell me i'm too young and others tell me they can't see me until i see my Rheumatologist which by the way is in 4 months. Every day i suffer with constant pain, in my joints and muscles alsong with headaches all the time. I am also very exhausted all the time. All i want is a caring doctor that will listen to my concerns and also my life back would be nice. I would even settle for half my life back. The worst thing about all this is that i'm not the active parent my children deserve. There is no running outside and playing with mom or fun all day trips because the pain gets extremely unbearable or i get wore out very quickly. Please help, anything is greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2011, 04:13 PM   #2
(female)

jacq42 HB Userjacq42 HB User
Re: Need Help in Ohio

Hi there sorry to hear your struggling on. I can totally relate to you,I'm also a mother I'm 33 and had fibromyalgia and ME for around 8 years (along with a load of other long term conditions).
I got my diagnosis from the Rheumatologist who referred me to the pain management clinic.
By this time I'd already tried the usual pain killers so I began with gabepentin followed by lyrica,none of which helped so I then began a trial period of butrans patches.
These patches last a week and absorb morphine through the skin at a daily rate,unfortunately the lower dose made no difference but a higher one did,don't get me wrong I do still have pain and flare ups but daily life is a lot more tolerable,plus I have oramorph for when it becomes really bad.
I think the key is to keep trying the medications that is suggested until you find the right one,its trial and error.
Keep going back to your own doctor to chase up an appointment or perhaps bring it forward,I can't really advise you anymore than this as I'm in the *UK* and our health care is different here.
As for feeling guilty about you not being active with the children I still do feel that as with the fibromyalgia the amount of sleeping I have is still is a major issue,on top of my mobility disabilities it is a hard obstacle to overcome.
So what I do is think of things we can do at home together such as baking and creative stuff,watching dvds together or playing board games,this suits my ten year old boy fine but my elder son who is 15 plays his football and hangs out with friends and does not want to really do stuff with me anyway.
Please let me know how you get on,I do hope I've helped a little,I just could not ignore your post as we are quite similar in age etc
Take care
Jacq

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Madison104 HB UserMadison104 HB UserMadison104 HB User
Re: Need Help in Ohio

Hi DMC, I am so sorry that you are suffering. I too would see if you can get your appointment moved up so that you can see a doctor sooner. Suffering is no fun. I also have Lupus and arthritis, fibro, and a host of other things that create SO much pain....

My Lupus doctor although by some standards I suppose is a bit conservative, but for me he is perfect. He does not let me suffer. I have maintained the same dose of medication for quite some time now...and YES, I still have some pain, but I feel SO much better having my pain managed.

There is always the ER. They can be very helpful in giving you something to hold you over, if you explain that your appt. is upcoming. Let them know that you are having a terrible time managing and how important that it is that you can be somewhat active with your kids that depend on you. Also, call and get on the cancellation list.

Please let us know how you make out. And again, I am so, so sorry for your pain.
(((get well hugs)))
Madison

Closed Thread