It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2011, 01:11 AM   #1
(female)

Izzyconrad2 HB User
Exclamation Usual Consant Pain

Everytime i turn around i`m in pain. My whole body will be fine then hurt everywhere. It`s almost constant sometimes. I don`t know whats wrong with me. Just this constant pain in my legs and back and neck. Sometimes for school it was just a hassle to try and make it up the stairs. I`m 18 and i`m having problems with pain. It makes me tired and weak because i`m trying hard to get everything warmed up and moving. I sometimes get to the point i don`t do anything at all during the day. Then usually it makes it worse not doing anything but it`s still a hassle to do anything. If i talk to my mom about any of it she`ll call me a hypocondriac and just tell me to suck it up. But it gets really bad and frustrating because the pain gets really bad and i can`t stop it. I can`t swallow pills it`s really hard for me and i try and try but i can`t get it down i`ve tried to hide it in food (pudding, mashed potatos, ect.) everything and i still find it because i know its there. It`s just this deep pain sometimes joint pain. Just a deep muscle pain usually. What should i do, does anyone know what could be going wrong.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:00 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Madison104 HB UserMadison104 HB UserMadison104 HB User
Re: Usual Consant Pain

Hi Izzy......You have what were 2 of my symptoms for Lupus. I still have a TERRIBLE time swallowing. I am going to hope that you can somehow take yourself to a good rhemetologist and get checked out. Also look up Systemic Lupus and see if you see anything else there that rings a bell for you. IF by chance you do have it, early diagnosis is very important. I too was labeled a hypochondriac! When I look back I still can feel my anger. By the time I found a GOOD doctor to listen to me, I was in pretty bad shape. If you are 18, you don't need anyone's permission to be treated or see a doctor. If insurance is a problem, I would go to the ER, and maybe they can recommend something for you. Our bodies have a wonderful way of talking to us. And I just don't believe in discharging someone by telling them it is all in their head, until ALL the appropriate testing has been done. And the thing with Lupus is, diagnosis can sometimes take up to 5 years...and the reason being is things crop up slowing and as we go on, more and more things come to the forefront.

I began with ACUTE joint pain. I remember being put in the hospital at that time. I was 20 years old. I had little else going on AT THAT TIME. Later the fatigue and many other things happened. I was about 7 years before they got it right.

I wish you the BEST!!
Don't listen to others....please follow through..
Madison

The Following User Says Thank You to Madison104 For This Useful Post:
Izzyconrad2 (06-29-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread