It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2011, 08:53 AM   #16
(female)

bunny23 HB Userbunny23 HB Userbunny23 HB Userbunny23 HB Userbunny23 HB Userbunny23 HB User
Re: Need advice on upcoming med change

Sometimes I get overwhelmed and I do get sad.. but not depressed. Although who would not be depressed over all this.

My meds have not changed my personality at all. One time I was on Vicodin and I got very angry all the time, same with Norco. But otherwise no thoughts or mood changes.

The following user gives a hug of support to bunny23:
Saucer (07-20-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to bunny23 For This Useful Post:
Saucer (07-20-2011)
Old 07-20-2011, 10:01 AM   #17
(female)

Saucer HB UserSaucer HB UserSaucer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny23 View Post
Sometimes I get overwhelmed and I do get sad.. but not depressed. Although who would not be depressed over all this.

My meds have not changed my personality at all. One time I was on Vicodin and I got very angry all the time, same with Norco. But otherwise no thoughts or mood changes.
Hi Bunny,
Thanks for responding. I found on the vicodin I did feel a sense of well being, but could no continue it. Maybe the feeling of being overwhelmed is a good. description. After all this has been a life changing experience. Thank you all for your help. It helps to see other despcriptions, instead of despair.
Hugs to all.
Saucer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #18
(female)

bunny23 HB Userbunny23 HB Userbunny23 HB Userbunny23 HB Userbunny23 HB Userbunny23 HB User

Hang in there And we are not alone.. which is comforting in a weird way. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. But maybe we are here with this pain to teach others something?

Who knows.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunny23 For This Useful Post:
Saucer (07-20-2011)
Old 07-20-2011, 01:01 PM   #19
(female)

I agree. It is such a strange thing to have happen. My 80 year old mother and I were talking about all of this and she mentioned my grandmother being in a bed paralyzed for a few years due to arthiritis. My grandmother died when my mom was 14 years old, so I never knew her. My mother didnt think this was an important thing as she believes this condition is from an accident I had at age 17, I'm 52 now. I almost fell over, to hear something like this and the doctors telling me this is congenital, I just laughed at them because I too thought this was from an accident. So much to absorb, and take in.
Again I thank you for your kind words.
Saucer.

Last edited by Saucer; 07-20-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #20
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny23 View Post
Hang in there And we are not alone.. which is comforting in a weird way. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. But maybe we are here with this pain to teach others something?

Who knows.
Hi Bunny,
I was wondering what kind of meds are you taking? I was taking MS Contin 30 mg a day and diliadud 16 mg a day. I got to the point where I couldnt get out of my house. I felt so insecure and strange in crowds. The doctor took me off of the MS Contin completely and now just using the diladud. It's terrible, in so much pain everyday. It's been 9 days now and waiting for doctor to return tomorrow to advise of the pain.
I've tried Vicodin, cant use it. Tried Fentanyl patches, cant use them. Not sure what to think or do.
Thanks in advance,
Saucer

Closed Thread