It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
(female)

isillyme HB User
Unhappy Medial Branch Injection

Hi: I had a Medial Branch injection done to my neck yesterday. I felt fine yesterday other than a very stiff neck. Today I am in more pain then I went in yesterday. I feel nauseous as well, I know this was a diagonstic test only, but I am wondering if I should contact the Pain Managment Doctor. I take Loratab, and I am doing my best not to take more than 2. Has anyone gone through this, and how do you get relief? I tried Ice and very cold shower, to see if that helps. I have a patch on right now as well. My PM doesn't have anyone on call at night.
Thanks.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User
Re: Medial Branch Injection

Hello isillyme, I did not know you have neck pain. how were you injured?
I feel for you, it is one of the worse pain ever. Ice should help a lot and I also started with it. With the neck pain, are you able to sleep?

For any problems you have, you should contact your doctor.

Last edited by nochange; 07-14-2011 at 11:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2011, 01:26 AM   #3
(female)

isillyme HB User

Yes I have had 5 car accidents and each time I have been rear ended. The last one was April 2004. Since then I have been through so much, and for awhile trigger point injections where helping. But I recently hydroplane, didn't hit anything but whiplash is back in a major way. I know this was just a test, and right now I am using a lidocane patch just to calm things down. Ice I did that... as well as taking a shower more cold then hot. Sleeping wise I take doxephin this allows me to sleep. Who knew after living with years of back pain, that I am now dealing with neck pain.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User

isillyme, thanks for your response.
Do you know what you have in your neck: bulging disks etc?
Just a warning, do not go to chiropractor!

Old 07-15-2011, 03:37 AM   #5
(female)

isillyme HB User

I actually go to a chiropractor, and he is actually helping. Yes he gives me adjustments, but his clinic he has a massage therapist on staff. The pain management doctor I see wanted to do the Medial Branch injection before ordering an MRI. I hate them. But I know I have a disc that is going bad. We are trying to nurse this as much as we can. I would like the pain levels to go back to normal. Normal is 6 of 10 today is 9 out of 10.

Closed Thread