It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2011, 06:53 AM   #1
(female)

winkster HB User
pain management doctor

New here. My primary care dr sent me to pain management,I have ddd,tear in my disc and problems with my neck,he has done 3 injections..Put me on oxycod,.I signed a contract ,anyway the day i went to see him they did a drug test ,his nurse was very rude she asked me if i had any id on me,told her it was in the car she wouldn't let my husband go and get it,she marched me down like i was a criminal,had the test came back up stairs and gave me this smugly look and handed me my script..Nothing was said to me,Had another visit with him nothing was said, i complained to him that injection didnt help ,tried another pill not pain pill,called back the next week and asked to try something else,didn't ask for a pain pill i wanted to try something different..........His nurse said drug test showed what he prescribed to me and hydro ,I said well he knew that i had some of them left from all my surgeries ......She implied that i had went to another dr,and got something else.which i hadn't.......anyways she said he'd write me another script ,i was so upset i told her i didn't want anything and hung up.Few hours later they get another dr,to call me he talked to me along time and wanted me to try nortriptylin...I never tried it..I have gotten 2 letters saying i have missed my appt with him.Can i just find a new dr,even though i signed a contract.THat office staff is so rude i don't feel comfortable even calling on the phone..Sorry this is so long any suggestions thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2011, 07:44 AM   #2
(female)

AbbieBean HB User
Re: pain management doctor

Remember that as a PATIENT you can fire your doctors at any time, including those pain management docs. The CONTRACT you signed was probably the contract which says you will take your meds a prescribed, blah blah blah, and they have the power to pee test you at any time. They can't make you stay with them. You can dump them and go to another doc. I was lucky to find one in our town that would prescribe pain medication to my husband, did not have a contract to sign, but did require a visit once a month to write his refills. Good luck finding a doc like that, in these times of drug abuse of prescriptions and not just street drugs. Most operate in CYA mode.

Last edited by AbbieBean; 09-02-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Closed Thread