It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
(female)

IamNOTW HB User
dx w Myofascial Pain

I too have been dx w Myofascial Pain. It was brought on by a mva (car accident). Before the 'accident' I was a housekeeper in a large hotel. I made several beds a day, cleaned tubs, vacuumed, and ran up & down halls and stairs all day. Now - 2 ys later - I am barely able to work pt as a sales associate in a dept store. I have been blessed in having an amazingly talented PT who knows from experience what I go through. I experience full back/neck pain & spasms. Its like my back is seperated into different sections: upper, mid, lower, and neck. Seldom do they all hurt at once except during a flare-up.
A few weeks ago I had the worst pain I have ever experienced. I thought I was having a heart attack, the pain in my upper back, upper chest, and neck was a 10++. I spent 3 days in the hospital having evey kind of heart test. Everything looked good. I left the hospital the same way I entered, not knowing what happened. So last night my husband and I began our evening walk. I began to feel pain/tightening in my mid-back but kept walking. Within minutes I had that same pain in my upper back I had weeks before. It lasted 3 hours! I took my meds (esp muscle relaxant) and sat w a heating pad. The pain gradually went away but not completely. This a.m. I woke with cramping and mild tightness.
I am beginning to think this is all a part of the Myofascial Pain Disorder. Any ideas out there? Really could use some help. Ive never felt anything this intense before. Im worried I wont be able to exercise (walk) as much. (It really helps!) Thanks in advance!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2011, 11:21 PM   #2
(female)

msgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB User
Re: Myofascial pain syndrome / chronic myofascial pain

yep, my pain dr acts about the same "oh, you have myofascial pain.. i can give you a trigger point injection, do you want one?"... i have had quite a few in my shoulders (more in the left), my neck, my left leg & on each side of my right knee... the only ones that have given any relief for more than a few days or even a couple of weeks was the ones at the right knee...plus they hurt like you know what !! my pain dr does combo med injections of steroid and numbing agent.. maybe that is why i am not getting any longer relief... if i could get to him right now, i would ask for straight lidocaine in my neck... i been on the pc replying to this forum for way too long tonight...

Old 07-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User
Re: Myofascial pain syndrome / chronic myofascial pain

but she has undiagnosed neck pain. She needs to do an MRI. Neck pain can cause many problems. So please, do the MRI.

Closed Thread