It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2011, 05:49 AM   #1
(female)

APLCAZZIE HB UserAPLCAZZIE HB UserAPLCAZZIE HB User
Doc is confused

As you all know the illness can vary from day to day, well just lately my condition has got so bad I am unable to even move my legs and once my arm. I had emg/nvc test a few years ago which showed nerve damage in my neck but the mri was normal only small amount of degeneration. My doctor wants me to have the test again as he thinks that not only do I have fibromyalgia but another nuerological disorder. I am joining a pain clinic t get help to deal with my problems however they cannot take the pain away only teach me ways of dealing with it better. I used to be so energetic and had a great job but now I'm unable to work and living on the bread line.

Thanks for listening
aplcazie

The following user gives a hug of support to APLCAZZIE:
biogirl71 (08-02-2011)
Old 08-02-2011, 08:41 AM   #2
(female)

bunny23 HB Userbunny23 HB Userbunny23 HB Userbunny23 HB Userbunny23 HB Userbunny23 HB User
Re: Doc is confused

Hi, your doctor may be referring to Chiari?
From my understanding EMG's are not 100%... are you having another MRI to see what is going on with your neck?

Wish you much luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2011, 09:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

I've had my had "freeze" up for hours. Like when your outside in the snow to long & your hands are frozen & can barely move, but without the freezing cold part... Is it like that?
Getting sick is life changing. It's hard to think of yourself as disabled when you can still walk around... My probs started when I was 18 & happy, busy, healthy, ect. It's like life itself ended yet you're still chugging along through it...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 08-02-2011, 11:13 AM   #4
(female)

londoner62 HB User

Hi there and yea its no fun i was diagnosed with fibro in 1995 and then in 2008 i got re-ended and have been in major chronic pain since. I was i guess you could say....use to not working...use to doing 1 thing at a time so i wouldnt end up in a flare up. Now im just soo fed up being in pain all the time....my doctor told me that I would never be pain free. I have been going to see my pain management doctor for 2 years and every week I go and get about 8 needles in my lower back...my shoulders and my neck.(they are nerve blocks) they do help but they dont last either. I just get soo peeved from ppl when they think they know what your going through. No one knows what your going through until they experience it themselves. And ppl just look at you differently because unfortunately they cant see anything wrong with you on the outside so they figure your just lazy and dont want to work....for me...I would love to work....I tried and i got worse so i had to stop...Its nice to have forums like this so you can talk to ppl who are actually going through what your going through and they dont judge you...okay im sorry i have blammed enough....i just wish that ppl would be a little bit more considerate to others even thought they dont look like their disabled....okay talked enough....have a great day everyone

Closed Thread