It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #1
(female)

lizbeth0808 HB User
Advice on sticking up for myself at the doc's

Hi, I'm new to this site. I started out with two herniated/bulged discs 5 years ago and now I have 4. I have tried everything my insurance will cover that is not more painful than my pain itself twice along with cortisone, prednisone, and nuerontin. I was also put on 5 mg oxycodone. My doctor took me off of it. I'm going to see someone for pain management at the end of september. I have gone through severe depression from all of this, but I'm having long periods of time where I am not depressed, just sick of dealing with all this pain. It's preventing me from getting a decent job, etc.

My doc says she wants to do this narcotic free, which I understand, I just find it unfair that I'm putting up with all this, sick of my body making me pay for being active, with nothing to alleviate the pain. I'm scared to speak up because I have been unknowingly put on the states list for pill seeking when I've never done such a thing. One time was at the ER where I was going through a bad time in my life and looking for an excuse to get out of work, and the other was me looking for a second opinion from a doctor.

Is it unreasonable to ask for something like darvocet, or something that is a synthetic opiate? Like I said, I'm just sick of paying for being active in life.

Closed Thread