It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
(female)

w8andhewill HB User
My meds not showing up in my urine ???

During my last pm visit I was told that the norco my pm prescribes for me has not been showing up in my urine. Apparently, this has been the case since I started seeing this doctor, back in November, 2010. Since my first urine visit, this was mentioned to me once. When I pursued it with my pm, he asked me why I was asking quesitons about it - he said that if everything was alright, I wouldn't be worried. So, I dropped it. My last visit (one week ago), I was told that the 4 urine tests I have taken since I started in November had not shown my meds on the test they do in the office, and so they had been sending them out, and they still had not shown my norco. I am completely confused about this, and it was more than hinted to me last visit that this test has to come back positive for my meds, or else .... How in the world can I be on 10mg norco 4 times per day and have this not show up? I am confused and starting to feel angry because what in the world would I be doing with these meds with me in such pain ! How is this happening? Please help - this is impossible.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
(female)

NOTSONUTSO HB UserNOTSONUTSO HB User
Re: My meds not showing up in my urine ???

I'm surprised there are no comments on your post (sorry too). I am "bumping" it for you because I'm curious to see what advice, if any, someone might have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2011, 10:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

backhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB User

I am unaware of any reason why if you are regularly taking norco, 4 times a day that it would not show up in a urine screen. How soon are you taking it before your appointment? If you are taking it an hour or two before your appoointment, then that may be why it isn't showing up. Or it may be the testing threshold used by the testing done in the office. But that wouldn't necessarily explain why it is not showing up on the testing sent out.
Usually, the testing that is sent out is done via gsms testing, which is much more specific than those screening tests done in the office.
The only other suggestion that I could make for you is for you to request being sent for blood work instead of urine testing or having it done at the same time as the urine screen is done.
If you are taking it regularly, and not strictly as a prn medication, then it should show up in blood levels, at the very least.
You don't want negative urine screens following you if you are dismissed.
Back

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to backhurtz For This Useful Post:
dee088 (09-25-2011), NOTSONUTSO (09-25-2011)
Old 09-29-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
(female)

ncmommakat HB Userncmommakat HB Userncmommakat HB User

At what time will the meds "peak" in the urine ? A lot of times I am hestitant to take both morning doses before I go to PM doc as I have to drive and donot want to be sleepy yet now I am worried if I take it TOO soon it won't show up. I do take it as prescribed so I have always had a 'good test".

Closed Thread