It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #1
(male)

cedbenson HB User
Norco vs. Percocet

Yesterday I tried 10 mg. Percocet instead of the 10 mg. Norco I have been taking. I'm not sure if my case has gotten worse for not, but I am still havin pain in my lower back ... when I twist from side to side and my legs are still numb /tingling /pain /aching. Of course the pain is nearly as bad as it is when I have to pain management. I went eight months without any pain pills and it really sucked.

Anyway, both medications work. When I got Percocet I had no idea it was oxycontin and Tylenol or I wouldn't have tried it but now that I have it works well, however, I'd also like to have the 10 mg. Norco. They don't make me quite as slow or tired as the Percocet, have about the same pain killing attributes but actually give me more of a positive liftSo it really depends on if you'd rather take things slow and easy ... you go for the Percocet whereas if you just want to get the heck home and start doing things ... go for the Norco. ... and remember, everybody reacts different.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Whoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB User
Re: Norco vs. Percocet

I've always found that hydrocodone (Norco) works about half as well as oxycodone (Percocet). It's a very individual thing and depends on your metabolism but that's been my experience. Although Percocet has oxycodone in it and that is the main ingredient as oxycontin, they are clearly "not" the same medicine. Oxycontin is a time-release version of oxycodone and is usually prescribed in a higher mg. than 10. If you were to take a 10mg oxycontin pill, very little medicine would actually hit your system since it's released over 8-12 hours. Hope everyone is doing well tonight!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread