It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
(female)

ncmommakat HB Userncmommakat HB Userncmommakat HB User
OPANA ER shortage ?

Due for monthly refill tomorrow. My pharmacy states he has been able to get the Opana ER in 5 mg but not the 10 I am presribed. WILL my Doctor be able to write my script to take 2 every 8 hours as opposed to taking 1 every 8 hours ? That would make me get 180 pills this month. Is that doable ? And IF I am 1 day short of the 28 days allowed in between fills will this change allow me to get script filled ? I do like to put back left over pills at months end this time of year as our weather can be unpredictable.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User
Re: OPANA ER shortage ?

Hi NCmomaKat, The 7.5 and 15 have been discontinued, which I imagine would place a much greater demand of the doses closest to those sizes. Have you seen any generic versions of Oxymorphone available. There are a couple atrengths listed in the FDA orange book, but i haven't met a pharamcist that knew about it yet. It looks like endo is making their own generic. Keeps all the money in house. Unless you insurance has a quantity limit, your doc should be able to adjust the quantity as needed.
Good luck, Dave

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
(female)

ncmommakat HB Userncmommakat HB Userncmommakat HB User
Re: OPANA ER shortage ?

I figured with the "plant suspended" due to pills getting stuck in the dispensary that there may be an issue for a while. I am lucky my pharmacist orders my meds every month ( I am the only customer he has that is on Opana ER..this is a fairly new independent pharmacy ). So he has the 5 MG Extended release on hand and tomorrow I will ask my Doctor to write my script for take 2 5mgs etc. Thanks a bunch

Closed Thread