It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
(female)

rkuczynski HB User
leg pain when sitting or laying

Hi all, we are new to this. That said I have a terrible ache running up and down my leg when I either sit down or whe I lay in bed. Does anyone know what is the best way to deal with this. What type of doctor do I go to and what type of real solutions are there out there that work?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User
Re: leg pain when sitting or laying

Sorry to hear you are having pain...

Since none of us are Dr.s on here...we can only suggest basic things and of course empathize...

Have you gone to your regular Primary Dr.? This is always the best place to start...and then if they aren't able to help you...they can refer you to another Dr.

It could be something as simple as a strained muscle...or sciatic pain which can be helped with ice, rest, ibuprophen and stretching....or it could be something to do with your spine and disc issues...

So..it's really about starting from scratch and going from there...Hopefully it will be something that can easily be helped and it's just an acute issue and not chronic...

Good luck..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #3
(female)

rkuczynski HB User

I hope that you are right that it is not something that becomes chronic.

In the meantime, it hurts so much that I cant sit for too long nor do I get any rest by laying down.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User

I'm sure you could most likely get in this week with your Primary Care Dr. as they usually have a set amount of time set for emergency appts....So call first thing tomorrow morning...

In the meantime...you can put ice on the main spots...take ibuprophen (obviously if you are allowed and not on any other medication that prevents taking anti-inflammatories)....

As well as some very light stretching...

I've had bouts of sciatic pain that can be excruciating...but thankfully that is something that most of the time can be helped easily..

I wish you well and keep us posted...

Closed Thread

Tags
leg pain