It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
(male)

jimmysan HB User
suboxone withdrawal

to detox from 2x40 mg opana er a day and 5 x30 mg roxi a day I am going to do a rapiid suboxone detox I have been on this prescription for about 7 months. (Day 1) 1 in am, 3/4 in pm. (day 2) 1 in am, 1/2 in pm, (Day 3) 1 in am 1/4 in pm, (Day 4) 1 in am, (Day 5) 3/4 in am (day 6) 1/2 in am (day 7) 1/4 in am. Done. I understand this is how it is done in a clinical setting. Please offer me your advice. Many people say this is reasonable. What do the boards say.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2012, 06:50 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

zoiegrace HB Userzoiegrace HB Userzoiegrace HB Userzoiegrace HB User
Re: suboxone withdrawal

Hi Jimmy, welcome to the board, sounds like you have a great plan. You do know you must be in WDs for atleast 24 hrs before you take the sub, right?
What mg is the sub 8mg strips or pills?. A quick taper is the best so you don't get hooked on the subs. You still may have some WDS after, don't panic, push thru it.. Get some immodium, benadryl, drink lots of water, take hot baths or showers. keep posting so we know how you are doing.
Best of luck, you can do it. don't give up
Peace & Strength
Gracie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2012, 12:12 AM   #3
(male)

mszach HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysan View Post
to detox from 2x40 mg opana er a day and 5 x30 mg roxi a day I am going to do a rapiid suboxone detox I have been on this prescription for about 7 months. (Day 1) 1 in am, 3/4 in pm. (day 2) 1 in am, 1/2 in pm, (Day 3) 1 in am 1/4 in pm, (Day 4) 1 in am, (Day 5) 3/4 in am (day 6) 1/2 in am (day 7) 1/4 in am. Done. I understand this is how it is done in a clinical setting. Please offer me your advice. Many people say this is reasonable. What do the boards say.
I don't have any personal experience with suboxone but my brother-in-law was on OxyContin (120mg) a day for many years. He didn't feel like he was abusing the medication as he did have some serious pain issues, but once the pain from his accident went away, he continued to take them. Addicted or not, he was certainly dependent. He was able to use suboxone, tapering over several months and has now been off the oxy for 5 years. So I know it does work for some people, hope you're doing well and in most cases, it seems like a short taper would suffice but your doc should be able to provide you with the best advice.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
(male)

jverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB User

I was on Suboxone for four years after having been on high doses of oxycodone for pain relief. I tried slowly weaning myself off the Suboxone, and was taking less than 1/8 of a pill, but eventually had to be detox'ed in the hospital. That was 13 months ago, and I am still dealing with messed up brain chemistry. It's going to take a while for my body to be "normal" again (if that's even possible,) but I'm happy to be off the narcotics after more than a dozen years on them.

The bottom line is this: work with your doctor to determine a reasonable tapering-off plan, but don't be disheartened if you need to be detoxed as an in-patient. Best of luck!

Old 04-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #5
(female)

JustaMess9 HB User

Hi Jimmy,

I don't have personal experience with suboxone but my sister has been on it for heroin/pill addiction. She started out on suboxone then her doc switched her to subutex. She has been one these for about 6 years now, but unfortunately still uses pills and whatnot. I do know tho that if she runs out of these early, she does get withdrawls. I have never hear of doing a detox so rapidly but I'm sure if your under your docs supervision you will be ok. I've come to learn alot obout these meds (suboxone & subutex) over time because of her, so if you have any more questions I'll try to be as much help as I can. Take care and I hope you are doing as well as possible!!

-Christine

Closed Thread

Tags
detox, opana er, opiate withdrawl, withdrawal