It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2012, 08:35 AM   #1
(male)

Bball2treasure HB User
Question Please help me

Hi,
Last night I shot myself in the hand with a nail-gun, accidentally. Luckily I missed the bone and it didn't go all the way through, but close. The doctor gave me a tentnus shot, numbed the area and yanked it out. He prescribed me ibuprofen 800mg. Today my thumb and index finger are numb still??? Or could I have hit some nerves? Also the ibuprofen is giving no relief it hurts terribly bad, please let me know what route I can take for some relief.
Thanks
Josh Treasure

Last edited by Bball2treasure; 03-29-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Whoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB User
Re: Please help me

I'm really sorry you're having such difficulty but I'll tell you this, I never would have left that place unless I got something stronger than that! Sometimes you really have to speak up for yourself because those docs are going to start low unless you say something. I could be wrong but that would have been my approach. Good Luck with things!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB User
Re: Shot my hand with a nail gun

I'd go into see your primary care doctor. Or, if in really bad shape or you can't get into be seen, an urgent care clinic. Let them know your concerns. I agree that med/dose likely isn't going to be too helpful for that type of pain. Hopefully the intense pain is short lived and you can figure out what is going on with the nerves (or if the shot is still working...sometimes they can last a really long time depending on what they use, but they should have told you). Best wishes.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB User
Re: Shot my hand with a nail gun

I'm sorry for what you're going through, that sounds extremely painful. I would definitely follow-up with your PCP or go into urgent care or emergency if you're still experiencing such terrible pain. Ibuprofen doesn't even seem like it would be the right medication for that type of injury. Ibuprofen works great for muscle pain/inflammation, but it would seem like a narcotic of some kind would be the best option for the short-term until you start healing.

I hope you are experiencing some relief. You're in my thoughts.

~ Fiona Jo

Closed Thread