It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

pooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB User
Biliary Colic or SOD

I am in pain management for back nerve pain and arthritis.

Thirty years ago when I had a spinal fusion I had severe abdominal pain due to the pre op shot. Previous to that I had pain when given codeine. For years I did not take codeine as it caused horrendous abdominal pain. Over the years one by one narcotics such as tramadol, percocet, dilaudin even the drug toradol caused the same reaction. The strange thing is a morphine pump given after abdominal surgery did not cause the spasms although morphine is suppose to be a trigger for these spasms.

Presently I take 2700 mg of gabapentin for nerve pain but I have nothing for breakthrough pain. Quite frankly I am at a loss as to where I go from here. Tramadol was working great for my everyday pain and I thought things were finally working out. Then in the middle of the night the familiar doubling up pain arrived. If I didn't know what it was I would have been at the hospital in emergency. Another medication crossed off my list.

Throughout the years I have taken very little in the way of narcotics. For example percocet for an abcessed tooth the rest sparingly for back pain. The last time it was dilaudin. I doled it out over a couple of months and only for breakthrough pain. Thought this is wonderful at last something that I can use. Well it happened again. The only positive thing I can say is the pain doesn't last for more than a couple of hours but that time is awful

I have pain every day and it certainly has taken it's toll but it is almost as if I have had to accept it. Has anyone else had this condition and if so what have you done to handle it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread