It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
(female)

waters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB User
Adapter for a Heating pad?

I'm new so I was just surfing around some of the old posts and I read somewhere about there being an adapter you could use to plug your heating pad into your car? The post was closed so I'm sorry to start a new thread and I don't know if the person who wrote about it was still around. If anyone knows where I could buy one, could you please let me know?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
(male)

Daffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB User
Vehicle Power Inverter

Search on Amazon, or go to auto parts store, probably even WalMart. You just need toknow the amps your pad draws. Adapters start under $10 and get bigger and more $s the more amperage you need.

Last edited by Daffydolphin; 07-02-2012 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Correct terminology

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
(female)

waters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB User
Re: Vehicle Power Inverter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffydolphin View Post
Search on Amazon, or go to auto parts store, probably even WalMart. You just need toknow the amps your pad draws. Adapters start under $10 and get bigger and more $s the more amperage you need.

Thank you, but exactly what is called so I can search? I know must sound stupid lol but i'm not mechanically inclined and have no idea what an earth the name for it is.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
(male)

Daffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB User
Various names

On amazon.com it is listed as "vehicle power inverter" may also be called:
Car power inverter, 12 volt to ac auto adapter. You will get many choices. You need to have a high enough amp/amperage/wattage to run your heating pad. If you do not know this, any one that says it will run a laptop computer is probably strong enough. These at Amazon would probably be fine

DBTech 175 Watt Portable Micro Power Inverter With USB Port - 12v AC to 110v DC Car Plug Converter For Your Ipod, iPad, iPhone, Tablet, PSP, DVD Players Laptops Netbooks And cellphones! Or

BESTEK 150W Dual USB 3.1A ipad charger dc ac power inverter car dc 12v to 110v car adapter usb charger car samsung adapter pda car charger htc adapter car lg charger mp3 car adapter iphone charger car motorola adapter ipad car charger blackberry car adapter laptop charger notebook adapter ac charger 1511U-54

The following user gives a hug of support to Daffydolphin:
waters04 (07-03-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Daffydolphin For This Useful Post:
waters04 (07-03-2012)
Old 07-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #5
(female)

Re: Various names

Thank you so much. I have trip coming up soon, 8hr drive and my hot/cold packs I won't have access to a microwave to heat them and of course they don't last that long. Looking it up now....thank you again

Closed Thread