It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

lake county HB Userlake county HB Userlake county HB User
Question about urine testing

I had my first PM visit last week and he urine tested me and gave my my scripts and wants to see me in 2 weeks. It's a new clinic and I was wondering do they usually do the testing there or so they send it to labs? Thank you and best wishes.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User
Re: Question about urine testing

Every place/PM is different. It's something you can ask them when you see them in two weeks.

Also, you should be able to tell by the bill when it comes or through your insurance if it got sent out or stayed in as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ilovemycutedog For This Useful Post:
lake county (07-13-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Whoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemycutedog View Post
Every place/PM is different. It's something you can ask them when you see them in two weeks.

Also, you should be able to tell by the bill when it comes or through your insurance if it got sent out or stayed in as well.
For the record, my new PM doc did the same thing when I switched to them and they sent it out but I never saw a bill. I don't know how it's handled at other places but that was my experience. Just my two cents worth.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
For the record, my new PM doc did the same thing when I switched to them and they sent it out but I never saw a bill. I don't know how it's handled at other places but that was my experience. Just my two cents worth.

Ahh...It's been awhile since I've had insurance...but I used to get statements and bills (already paid by the insurance) so I had record of every single procedure, injection, test, office visit, etc. It would always show what the "cost" was, what the insurance adjustment was, and then what I owed if any for co-pay or before my deductible..

But for LC...it's pretty easy to just ask out of curiosity if they send it out or do the test there.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

lake county HB Userlake county HB Userlake county HB User

Thanks for the input. I've heard some now are doing their own, some get sent out. Only to return the next apt to have the doc tell them something was in the urine that should/shouldn't be there. And get in trouble. I'm not worried because he said he doesn't mind pot, I just didn't know if the lab would put it on record. Weird situation I know, I will ask when I go in next.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #6
(female)

sandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB User

Once upon a time when I had a real pm doctor they would test randomly and did it in house, they checked that u r actually taking your scripts and no illegal drugs. If a problem they would address prior to giving you a script for your meds. I was there for over 12months before moving to a new state and they tested me three times. I think they have to each quarter for the record not to sure though so dont quote me. As long as you are taking your medication as prescribed and not using illegal drugs I wouldn't worry about it though.

C5-C6 tear/buldge
C6-C7 ACDF
T1 - T5 neuroforaminal, lesions, facet arthropathy
Disectomy L5/S1
Anxiety
PTSD
Chronic Pain

Old 07-17-2012, 01:27 AM   #7
(male)

Brokend HB UserBrokend HB UserBrokend HB UserBrokend HB UserBrokend HB User

Many of them start you out with the 'super' test (at least compared to the urine screen they do in their own office) on your first visit to check for all the illegal substances they frown upon and a few other minor details, I believe.

They will send that one out to a lab and it is very accurate and also expensive, so from what I have gathered they try to keep those kinds of blood tests to a minimum.

The other tests that they do randomly or first thing each visit is usually the simple urine screen to check for the medication being in your system.

Again, as far as I know. I may be wrong.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:49 PM   #8
(male)

GaNeal HB UserGaNeal HB User

I have been going to my neorologist/Pain Dr for 3 years now and when I first started going I had to sign this contract that stated amoung other things I would have random drug tests at the nearest Dr's Lab....I assume they would just test to make sure you were taking your scripted meds...I still have not had to go not even once...I wonder about my Dr all the time...I just don't like inconsistancy...I worry myself sick I will go to my appt one day and find the DEA has closed his office around here it has happened...not to me personally but it has happened....

Old 07-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #9
(female)

itrsy HB User

can i u massage me asap

Old 07-27-2012, 05:51 PM   #10
(male)

dave490 HB Userdave490 HB Userdave490 HB Userdave490 HB Userdave490 HB Userdave490 HB Userdave490 HB User

There's really no requirement that doctors do a UA; that's done just to cover the doctor's practice if it turns out you're using illicit drugs, or not taking your narcotics but selling them. The fact that a doctor hasn't UA'ed a patient once says a lot about the trust he/she has in the patient. What usually gets doctors red-flagged by the DEA are the doctors who are "script mills." They very rarely see the patient - if at all. That is the situation that gets doctors into trouble. I see my doctor every 6 months, and my medical history, if printed out, would destroy a rain forest just in paper. The DEA is indeed overzealous - and some very honest doctors have gotten caught up in the DEA's nonsense. On the other hand, the DEA has taken out some doctors who merely write scripts and do no follow up work.

Closed Thread