It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2012, 12:12 AM   #1
(male)

jgreen48 HB User
Pain relief suggestion required...

I was diagnosed 2 years ago with RA. I apparently had it for several years, and the Dr. I was seeing for that time knew that I had an auto-immune diesease but although it was noted in my medical records, was not discussed with me nor was I referred to a rhemotalogist for tests, or treatment. I knew that I had a mild case of Osteoarth, and was seen years ago for that, but that Dr. moved on to Wash.DC Anyway, because I had been told I have a fatty liver disease,as well as, colesteral problems and was on meds for that, that I believe caused the beginning of muscle atrophy ( by the way.( everyone of the meds) for triglicerides, and colesteral caused muscle pain and weakness, and I tried at least 8 or 9 of them. Canít take them anymore and havenít for about 5 years. So I take aleve and 2.5 mg of predizone when the pain gets so unbearable and I can hardly get up from bed or a chair to get to the bathroom or any other room. I also take a 10.mg of lisinapril for blood pressure, and levothyroxine for my thyroid. I was told a few months ago that my liver was fine, Honestly, I donít know what is true, but I need to know what I can safely take for the inflamation and pain. I still have to drive and shop and have to have something that is safe to take. I live on SS check, not SSD, so I donít have medicare or any other assistance for medical so I have to have the cheapest meds. I can afford. I have to live with my Ex. for now because I can-not afford a place on my own. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2012, 07:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB User
Re: Pain relief suggestion required...

Welcome! Sorry you are struggling. I'm not familiar with these conditions, but I can only urge you to be persistent with your doctors. Best wishes.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

backhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB User

Hello JG,
As I said to another poster, the ONLY person that should be making medication or dosage recommendations to a patient, is their PM doctor or their GP, one who is familiar with your medical conditions, past and current medical history, allergies, etc, because none of us are doctors, and what works for us, may not work for you, for many reasons.
Talk to your doctor (GP) and get any referrals you may need for insurance and then make an appointment with a rheumy or pain management doctor or both and see what they recommend given your medical history and current conditions.
Back

Old 07-18-2012, 02:37 AM   #4
(female)

luvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB User
Smile Re: Pain relief suggestion required...

I am sorry that you are in so much pain. I understand your concern about your liver test being normal. Even though it is a good thing I believe you just want it to really be normal and not a inaccurate test. So know you are wondering what is really going on with my liver. But I have to agree with everyone on this thread and say that you need to be talking to your doctor about what drug they feel is the safest and less expensive because of you not being able to get medicare. How are you on social security and not ssd? When I received my ssd I wasn't able to get medicare right away. In my state the people on disability has to wait 2 full years before they issue you medicare insurance. That will def help when you need to go to a specific doctor. Your doctor will give you the referrals you need to get to where you need to go to. I am sending prayers.Hope you are feeling better.
Pancreatic Stent
Osteoarthritis
Stroke
Leukopenia
Migraines
Power Port implant 2010
Total Right Hip Replacement

Old 07-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
(male)

dave490 HB Userdave490 HB Userdave490 HB Userdave490 HB Userdave490 HB Userdave490 HB Userdave490 HB User

It's tough being in pain - I know all too well. Really all we can and should here is tell you our story and what works for us; we're not qualified in any way to suggest medication. The last thing you want to do is go to the doctor and start naming pain meds that you'd like to try. Start mentioning meds by name, and you'll likely be labeled a DSP - drug seeking patient. What we are qualified to do is offer you our full support, and lend an ear when you need to blow off steam. I hope you'll keep at it with your doctors, and keep us posted on your progress. Best of luck to you.

Closed Thread