It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2012, 06:11 AM   #1
(male)

conradsdad HB User
severe head pain still 2 years after stroke.

Hello, I am being treated for severe head pain after my stroke 2 years ago. anyone ever heard of this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
(female)

waters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB User
Re: severe head pain still 2 years after stroke.

I haven't heard of it, but I new to all this. Was it ischemic or did you have bleeding? How are you do with your stroke recovery? My dad had a stroke 1.5 years ago and he's still trying to recover. Best wishes and someone will come along who might know.

The Following User Says Thank You to waters04 For This Useful Post:
conradsdad (07-18-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #3
(male)

conradsdad HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by waters04 View Post
I haven't heard of it, but I new to all this. Was it ischemic or did you have bleeding? How are you do with your stroke recovery? My dad had a stroke 1.5 years ago and he's still trying to recover. Best wishes and someone will come along who might know.
It was a bleed, they have me on a Fentanyl patch. I just want to know if the pain ever gos away. Thanks for responding, I'm new at this too.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB User

Sorry I am not familiar with this, but I can relate to your pain...I've had a constant headache for over six years now. Do doctors have a good idea of what is going on? Do they think the stroke triggered some structural change, or that it in general triggered a headache condition? Mine started with a sinus infection. I think your doctors will have the best guess of whether it will go away. Has the treatment been helping? Pain meds for headache are quite rare and tough to get, but I have also been placed on this treatment after failing most everything else for years. I've had minimal success, but its better than nothing and still far better than anything else they tried me on (the typical preventative/adjunct type meds, injections, alternative therapies, etc). Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisegirl For This Useful Post:
conradsdad (07-18-2012)
Closed Thread