Originally Posted by MissCherrie78
Don't even get me started on the DEA. This might not be a popular opinion so I'm sorry if I offend you. However they need to keep themselves OUT of my medical care and on the streets busting the real criminals. 95% of doctors give out pain medication in good faith. The other 5% are in for it for the money and don't care if the medications they are prescribing are getting sold.
The DEA needs to find a different way of tracking down this 5% and leave the doctors who are trying to help people alone. It's crazy to me to think that I was a teenager in the 90s (NOT saying this is all teenagers, not by a long shot) and I lived with my grandparents. They had TONS of Rx medication in the house. I never thought once to touch any of it. I don't know where I am going with this other then the DEA are handling this "crack down" in a totally wrong fashion.
I couldn't agree more! I really wish they'd take the approach/philosophy I prescribe to - I'd rather see 100 drug seekers get pain meds wrongly than for 1 legitimate pain patient go without. Whereas, the DEA and others feel exactly the opposite! Let them all suffer while we weed out the "bad eggs", give me a break! I sure hope it doesn't literally come to this in the country I love so much and would fight for! Try to Live, Love and Laugh today!